Blender

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

Blender

Postby Justintime9 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:33 am

ok, i just got blender, in the hopes of learning it, and perhaps helping build the ages... but when i opened it, i noticed that it's completellly foreign than any other program i've used... I'm used to stuff like flash, and photoshop, do any of u have some place where i can learn it? or, any way u can help me? I tried the tutorial on the blender site... but it just didn't do it for me... any advice?
Justintime9

Re: Blender

Postby Pryftan » Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:28 am

Blender's interface is unique and really cool when mastered, but difficult at first. You need to use some sort of tutorial to learn all the hotkeys and such. The one I used is here: http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Blender_3D:_Noob_to_Pro
.rilvoohee vehrehnehm vokan pam mahnshootahv rub voohee taygahnehm mahtahntahv
Pryftan

Postby Justintime9 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:14 pm

Great, thx, that looks good :D
Justintime9

Postby Justintime9 » Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:04 pm

Gr!!!! i got to the section in the tutorial called modeling a simple person. I did the Extrusion thingie... but instead of it going up and down, it went Diagnal!!! and it's on the right veiw, (numpad 1) and... then when the Extusion thingie was on, I tried clicking and holding the scroll button, and that kinda helped, it showed a buch of possible "tracks" for the cube, I picked the one that went up, and tried doing that for awhile... but when i looked at it from annother veiw... It wasnt' right!!!!!! grrrr! it was like a series of stairs!!! pleese help, i can't continue til this is worked out :(
first, this is wat happens when i try E, then Region: Image
now, when i try to stack it up by holding Scroll, and dragging it onto the right track, it looks like this: Image
Last edited by Justintime9 on Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Justintime9

Postby Owehn » Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:09 pm

Try pressing the keys "X", "Y", or "Z" to restrict movement to that direction.
Owehn

Postby Justintime9 » Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:18 pm

Yeehaw!!! thx!!! i wonder what my problem was... y didn't it discuss that particualar problem in the Tutorial.
Justintime9

Postby Owehn » Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:21 pm

Looking at the pictures you posted, I can't tell what was going on. It seems like there are way too many coordinate axes or something - anyway, that's out of my skill level. Glad I could help though.
Owehn

Postby Goofy » Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:11 pm

you could always use the 3d transform manipulator (ctrl space) Heres a picture of it on. It can be anoying at first, but it helps once you get use to it.Image thats the blue (Z) green (Y) and red (X) arrows on the screen. Just in case you didnt know :roll: ;)
We keep moving forward,
openning up new doors and doing new things,
Because we're curious... and curiosity keeps
leading us down new paths

Walt Disney

Keep moving forward
Goofy

Postby Justintime9 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:44 pm

argh! and new problem!!!! ok... i got to the next part of the tutorial.. i finished the man... not i need to make him smooth by doing modify: Sub... something, i forgot the name... and it's sposed to make everything smooth... but instead it makes all the cubes, little spheres in a box!!! gr... is there something wrong with my version of blender?
Justintime9

Postby Justintime9 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:45 pm

argh! and new problem!!!! ok... i got to the next part of the tutorial.. i finished the man... not i need to make him smooth by doing modify: Subserf... and it's sposed to make everything smooth... but instead it makes all the cubes, little spheres in a box!!! gr... is there something wrong with my version of blender?
Justintime9

Next

Return to General Discussion