Maze Party

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

Postby MercAngel » Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:21 am

Party in a new age i made called TheMaze. this is a real walk throught maze
see if you can fine the end.

you will need to download this file and the unzip it and put the files in the dat folder of you UU install

http://atlantis.villageidiot.org/dload.php...tegory&cat_id=1

you start in the green room and you need to try and find the red room

this is only a test age and the maze is fixed my hope is for the finle age to have the maze random evey time you join the age are by puching a button in the age

today tuesday july 25 2006 at 8:00PM eastern time on the atlantis shard it is running as a UU shard

i will br there to link you in or any admin that is there can link you in or link to me if i am away
MercAngel

Postby MercAngel » Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:04 pm

if you have already download the file please do it again there was a hole in the floor right at the exit
MercAngel

Postby zib_redlektab » Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:35 pm

ooh sounds like fun! :lol:

Uhhh...is this safe to have in our UU install if we link to D'mala or a different shard? And can it just be a basic UU install or should it be ALCUGS or Volcano? :huh:
Lurker extraordinaire!
http://www.zibland.com
zib_redlektab

Postby MercAngel » Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:01 pm

sorry again if the zip file has a readme.txt file in you are ok if not please download it again

no after testing please remove the files from the dat folder if you are useing the same copy you use for D'mala before logon on there

there may be other bugs or holes in the floor are walls there are over 2600 walls so something more may have beem missed
MercAngel

Postby zib_redlektab » Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:15 pm

thank you for that :P i made it more noticable :)

uh oh i just discovered that i dont have an avi there yet! :o gotta rush to make one :P

lol that was fun....took forever tho :P

thank god for ehren's ability to drop markers :lol:
Lurker extraordinaire!
http://www.zibland.com
zib_redlektab

Postby MercAngel » Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:37 pm

it looks like there may be no way do do random maze's as Python does not support multi-dimensional arrays witch i whould need to create random maze's

i did find some thing on the internet but they use .pyd file that go in the system folder and they make UU crash before ti starts
MercAngel

Postby MercAngel » Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:47 pm

ok i found a way to do it arrays now i just need to find a way to do something like a goto
MercAngel

Postby MercAngel » Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:21 pm

i did it i can create random maze's in python

now i just need to tie it to the age
MercAngel

Postby MercAngel » Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:30 pm

Some help please

the new age file i have has all the walls of the maze turned on so after my pythcode runs i turn the pyhsic off and draw off on the walls that need it to create the path throught the maze

here is what happened the patch of the maze is there but you can not walk down the path it is solid like the walls are still there but you can not see them.

HELP
MercAngel

Postby Robert The Rebuilder » Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:39 pm

MercAngel, just to be clear: is the problem that the random maze looks correct but does not collide correctly? Or is the problem that it neither looks or collides correctly?

I'd double-check the enable flags on each collider/wall object's draw/physics.

Also, did you make separate visible wall objects and collider objects? Or are they the same object (i.e. you added col_type = X to the visible wall object)? I've had better success with disabling when the visible object and the collider objects are separate.
Can we rebuild it? Yes, we can - here's how.

MOULagain KI# 1299

Myst Movie coming soon - spread the word!
Robert The Rebuilder

Next

Return to General Discussion