Fehnir House Released

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

Re: Fehnir House Released

Postby janaba » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:33 am

Wow, Tweek!!! Just WOW!!! ... :P

There we have yet another complete overhaul of an already awesome age and D'ni location ... and it is almost all new ... esp. when you compare the old and this new version, almost everything has been changed, polished and cleaned up, refined and exquisitely improved in every way, when most of us heretofore might have thought that it wouldn't be possible or even needed ... even the D'ni city looks as if you could just walk out there into the streets to see what's happening ... and to think about that this is 'just' an introductory tour or hub into the whole story and further ages ... 8-)

Of course, everything can always be improved on and refined and perfected, but however, Tweek, you have definitely once again outdone yourself, and I'd say, why not releasing this excellent interim version right now resp. when you've ironed out all those small things you've mentioned, like the lamp glares etc, so that you'd feel more satisfied and complete yourself ... that way there'd be a real awesome, authentic and exemplary D'ni location and residence 'out there' for all to admire ... but it's up to you, Tweek, you know what it'd take to make everything ready for a new release ... Thanks, however, for sharing your great artworks and progress with us ... :)
janaba

Postby Tweek » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:20 am

Deledrius wrote:Those are excellent improvements! It looks great. :)

I think it would be good to update the existing Fehnir House, even if the accompanying Ages are not yet ready. Just make the books inaccessible (in a locked case, perhaps, or entirely unplaced) for now.

Yeah I expect I'll assign SDL values to the books and then just turn them on at a later date.
Beneath - IC Blog.
Beneath: Ages of Tweek - FB Age Dev Page.
Tweek

Postby Acorn » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:27 am

really cool, can't wait to visit and explore :D
Acorn

Postby cskid13 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:20 pm

Amazing, as always. I look forward to the release, and I am really glad to hear that you're still working.
cskid13

Postby Tweek » Sun May 06, 2018 4:05 am

Some good news, I decided to go ahead and work up an interim build of Fehnir's House without Eder Ahryee and Lehns (as they still need a lot of work). The area is now complete in terms of texturing/building and the rewrites to the lore has been completed. Thanks to Doobes assistance I will be wiring up the last elements that needs to be completed which hopefully means I should be releasing the new build some time soon (9 years after it was originally released >.>).

Beneath - IC Blog.
Tweek

Postby Chacal » Sun May 06, 2018 10:06 am

Good news indeed. I can't wait to visit.
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby Aloys » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:49 am

Good job, looking forward to this one. Always liked it, it fits so well with Uru, both thematically and visually.

Tweek wrote:I should be releasing the new build some time soon (9 years after it was originally released >.>).

Not bad, I'm working on a new build of Ahra Pahts myself, which is nearly as old.. :s
Aloys

Postby Tweek » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:36 pm

I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with Ahra Pahts :)

Sadly Fehnir's House got delayed, I've been having some issues with a door animation. Currently Doobes it taking a look at it for me but he can't get it to work either...we're not sure why it isn't working.
Beneath - IC Blog.
Tweek

Postby Ehren » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:20 pm

Great Zero beam! Will Fehnir House also use D'ni coordinates? If so, I'm curious as to what the link-in (or even just general) position is, if you are willing to say.

EDIT: Wow, I ask some weird questions sometimes.
Ehren

Previous

Return to General Discussion