The Uam Shard!

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

Re: The Uam Shard!

Postby Chacal » Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:25 pm

kaelisebonrai wrote:...Why? I *wouldn't* recommend doing that for anyone or anything. Not just Dustin's UAM Shard. Why is this suddenly disgusting?
(if I misinterpreted this, sorry - I apologise =) )

You did. I can't read minds. I'm reacting to what you wrote.
What you wrote means "I wouldn't recommend anyone sending their username and password to Dustin".

BTW, what you wrote also implies that Dustin wants your forum username and password, which is not true. This is confusing to people, as shown by Pavitra's post above. What is actually written on the UAM Shard web page is this:

Your account name will be your name from that forum, and just include the password you would like with the PM.
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby kaelisebonrai » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:01 am

Chacal wrote:
kaelisebonrai wrote:...Why? I *wouldn't* recommend doing that for anyone or anything. Not just Dustin's UAM Shard. Why is this suddenly disgusting?
(if I misinterpreted this, sorry - I apologise =) )

You did. I can't read minds. I'm reacting to what you wrote.
What you wrote means "I wouldn't recommend anyone sending their username and password to Dustin".

BTW, what you wrote also implies that Dustin wants your forum username and password, which is not true. This is confusing to people, as shown by Pavitra's post above. What is actually written on the UAM Shard web page is this:

Your account name will be your name from that forum, and just include the password you would like with the PM.

No, you were reacting to what you /thought/ I wrote, not what I wrote at all. None of what you inferred from the post, was at /all/ what I intended. I also don't read minds, and so I had no way of knowing how you'd interpret it, and, I feel that calling it disgusting was uncalled for.

It can be read that way, (re: forum username and password), but, again, it was not the intention of the post to suggest that.
kaelisebonrai

Postby Whilyam » Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:16 pm

It's a simple misunderstanding, guys. Kiss and make up already. :roll:
Whilyam

Postby Charura » Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:44 pm

Maybe a bakers dozen of pages will finish this thread...took me an hour just to scan it....R we all this bored?
Gehn Shard avvies: charura 10827 chickopee 142711 cannon belle 144577 char gearz 149794 teri dactyl 153077
Moul(a) Charura 55400 Chickopee 20089892 Cannon Belle 13686512 Char Gearz 706359 Teri Dactyl 12658065
Charura

Postby Chacal » Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:38 pm

It is indeed a misunderstanding.

I tend to be too exact (my scientific background, I guess). I use spoken languages like programming languages. They are constrained by vocabulary, grammar and syntax so that each sentence has a precise and unique meaning, which is not subject to interpretation. People using a learned language tend to do that (my mother language is French, English is a learned language for me).

This is why I reacted to Kaelis' post: according to English grammar and syntax, it means exactly what I said it meant, thus my reaction to what I perceived as an attack on Dustin's character.

Of course, most people, especially native speakers, do not use language in such a dry, precise way. If Kaelis says he didn't mean it that way, I believe him.

Forum readers, be aware that when Chacal says "The sky is blue", it means "I have measured the color of the sky just now and its RGB value is precisely #0000FF". ;)

Now excuse me, I have to continue my hunt for Sarah Connor...
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby Wamduskasapa » Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:53 pm

I have a Wierd Error situation I just used drizzle to update Neolbah now when I attempt to link out of my Relto nothing happens.
I am kept imobile at the book shelf. Even typing /Nexus or /hood does nothing.

I was wondering = would deleteing the vnode_cache files solve this???

EDIT My offline game has the same update and everything works fine...
Last edited by Wamduskasapa on Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Postby Pavitra » Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:56 pm

I don't think you're supposed to use Drizzle to manually update fan ages for shards.
Have Ages, and link to them without bindings. [Words 1:13]
Seltani
Pavitra

Postby D'Lanor » Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:03 pm

Neolbah is also borked for me on the UAM shard. And I did not use Drizzle.
"It is in self-limitation that a master first shows himself." - Goethe
D'Lanor

Postby Pavitra » Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:11 pm

Well, I'm in Neolbah on DI right now, so whatever's going on, it's not only the Age update.
Have Ages, and link to them without bindings. [Words 1:13]
Seltani
Pavitra

Postby ddb174 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:39 pm

The problem was caused by an SDL bug in the updated version of Neolbah. More info here: http://www.guildofmaintainers.org/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=159&t=1775

Anyway, it's fixed now!
ddb174

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion