The Uam Shard!

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

Re: The Uam Shard!

Postby J'Kla » Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:31 am

I am running on XP and the first time it happened was just after the initial massive download updates.

The second time was as I approached my hut on relto to open the door (twice)

I swiched off the download all ages at startup and I have not had the problem since.

I do consider myself part of the Guild of Writers kaelisebonrai so stop stiring! I don't give a toss what anybody thinks of me. I consider myself mature (as in an old cheese) enough that other peoples opinions voiced or otherwise aint gonna stop me using tools the've made.

For all I know Guido van Rossum may have said I am crazy and not a fit person to run a worm farm but it is not going to stop me using Python like wise Ton Roosendaal may have cast dispersions on my mother my flag my country and my beer but none of this will drag me off of Blender.

So put your opinions back in your trousers If you want to fester over them it's your perogative. I'm going to be busy working on my age and if you don't want to use Dustin's shard then don't use it but please don't make recomendations on the basis of your prejudices percieved or otherwise because being totally ignored and sidelined often offends. ;)
J'Kla

Postby Wamduskasapa » Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:24 am

I am using Vista Home Premiun Service Pack 2 on a Toshiba Satellite M505 my log files are below. As you can see basically I am just timing out

Log Files
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Postby Chacal » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:32 am

kaelisebonrai wrote:No, this isn't the GoW at all.
If you consider yourself a member of the Guild of Writers - I would recommend considering not registering for this shard.

This is what's wrong with our guild.
This is the sickness.
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby kaelisebonrai » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:41 am

You'll note that I posted explainations for that statement, Chacal. I don't do this lightly - I once considered Dustin my good friend.

Oh, and, I'd like to point out - you are not aware of all the backstory.

EDIT: but you know what? Believe what you want to believe - I was just interested in being honest, and letting people know what he thinks of us.
kaelisebonrai

Postby Whilyam » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:57 am

Dustin's claiming arrogance and ego is the reason why another shard exists, when it's his arrogance and ego keeping UAM alive. By his logic, UAM shard serves no purpose any other public shard wouldn't serve. He just wants to keep it up because it bears the name of his project. Rather than recognize this hypocrisy and leave the other shard alone, he chooses to antagonize. I would love to see an official GoW shard and would certainly like to host events on it. This UAM shard? Not so much.
Whilyam

Postby Karkadann » Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:20 am

Tell me this aint gonna end up being the overly dramatic boat rocking event that accrued last time one of the Shards went public and violated the Code of Silence.
I Never even got to be a part of Until Uru This is the closed I will ever get. and personally I like the old game engine better you can kick the Cones around with more precision.

But I assure you this aint gonna keep me off the Cyan version, however I am interested in the differences between the two, the variety and the Communities atmosphere that develop with in and toward this GoW experiment. In the mean time Im gonna wear the Green arm band, Im gonna try to just be an observer this time around
The Optimist see's the glass half full, The Pessimist see's the glass half empty.
Its the Realist who see's the glass is half full with air, half full with water
Karkadann

Postby kaelisebonrai » Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:23 am

its not that the code of silence is broken - there's a lot going on behind the scenes here.

But, whatever. I guess we'll get to see if I was right about my statement "Shards rise and fall on their own merit" =)

Stay tuned.
kaelisebonrai

Postby Karkadann » Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:34 am

kaelisebonrai wrote:its not that the code of silence is broken - there's a lot going on behind the scenes here.

But, whatever. I guess we'll get to see if I was right about my statement "Shards rise and fall on their own merit" =)

Stay tuned.

If you recall when I first became a member of this forum, I was actually trying to get the story on what was going with the issues involving a shard going public. and the mess I got into. well I never got the answers I was looking for because all the answers I got all contradicted each other
I ended up waking on to the battle field of your shard war.
The Optimist see's the glass half full, The Pessimist see's the glass half empty.
Karkadann

Postby Egon » Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:42 am

Egon #2052375
Who You gonna call? Guild of Doorcallers! #5356672
Eder Tsogal/Delin Marathon
Egon

Postby Karkadann » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:02 am

Sun Tzu said No country ever benefited from a prolonged war.
Karkadann

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion