The Uam Shard!

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

Re: The Uam Shard!

Postby kaelisebonrai » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:04 am

Karkadann wrote:
kaelisebonrai wrote:its not that the code of silence is broken - there's a lot going on behind the scenes here.

But, whatever. I guess we'll get to see if I was right about my statement "Shards rise and fall on their own merit" =)

Stay tuned.

If you recall when I first became a member of this forum, I was actually trying to get the story on what was going with the issues involving a shard going public. and the mess I got into. well I never got the answers I was looking for because all the answers I got all contradicted each other
I ended up waking on to the battle field of your shard war.

There was no shard war - I know what you're talking about. It was made up by Dhel. It never happened.

As I said, there are issues going on behind the scenes here - but, whatever.

Let it be noted that I don't want dustin's shard shut down - I merely want people to know what he thinks of the GoW.

Note how I said you should consider not registering - Its not my place to say "no, you should never register here" thats your choice, but, I did offer my point of view, and my friendly suggestion.
kaelisebonrai

Postby Karkadann » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:08 am

Well then I thank you for the suggestion, and I have put my head on the chopping block out of curiosity before if for no other reason just to find out who I can trust.

Note to self I am still in one piece

I just hope my green arm band don't slip off again
The Optimist see's the glass half full, The Pessimist see's the glass half empty.
Its the Realist who see's the glass is half full with air, half full with water
Karkadann

Postby N. Sigismund » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:39 am

Nobody cares about any backstory, drama, argument, arm wrestle, custard pie throwing contest, political debate, no-limit Heek game, Zandoni race or improv rap battle anyone else may or may not have had somewhere in the Uru community forums.

Seriously.

Thank you very much for putting this up Dustin, I hope to have an alpha of my age up on there before I go back to University in late September. :)
For reference:
IC: Nye Morgan
OOC: Sigismund, Nye, Huw Dawson
N. Sigismund

Postby Robert The Rebuilder » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:48 am

Could we simply have a new sub forum of the Tool Forums named "Public Shards"? It could have a sticky topic listing each shard that goes public, a summary of its restrictions (if any), plus a URL. Anyone that starts a new shard can post an announcement on that topic, and the OP would be modified. That way, all shards would be recognized in some form by the GoW, without applying the "GoW Brand™" to one particular shard.

Just a thought.
Can we rebuild it? Yes, we can - here's how.

MOULagain KI# 1299

Myst Movie coming soon - spread the word!
Robert The Rebuilder

Postby J'Kla » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:39 am

Sounds good to me Robert and maybe we could have an objections to public shards thread also on a sticky so it's easy to avoid. :D
J'Kla

Postby ddb174 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:43 am

There can and should be many shards, and people should be free to visit and stay where they feel comfortable :) Some people would want an only-in-character shard, some would want a heavily moderated shard, some would want a anything-goes shard, some would want a dont-touch-Cyan-Ages shard, some would want a heavily-change-Cyan-Ages shard, etc, etc. So I like Robert's idea :)
ddb174

Postby Whilyam » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:48 am

I think the GoW should still recognize one as "theirs" to serve as a hub for GoW activity (just like we have a GoW forum). By all means, have a sub-section for all the shards (I'm glad Dustin is suddenly tolerant of other shards), but I think we should have one that is "the GoW's".
Whilyam

Postby Egon » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:57 am

And in the chronicles of Shards Wars it shall be written:
Where can be only one,
one to rule them all!!!
Egon #2052375
Who You gonna call? Guild of Doorcallers! #5356672
Eder Tsogal/Delin Marathon
Egon

Postby Wamduskasapa » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:47 am

Where can be only one,
one to rule them all!!!

UMMMM

So where does that leave us and who is to be Gandalf the Grey, Lord Sauron, Isildur, Sméagol and Bilbo Baggins.
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Postby Karkadann » Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:57 pm

Putting all the controversy aside I used a BKF file of a virgin copy of Uru CC and then used the your Until Uru patch and it seems to work a bit better.

also I was kinda wondering....................about Zandi's airstream.................... is it safe to drive, or more accurately crash
The Optimist see's the glass half full, The Pessimist see's the glass half empty.
Its the Realist who see's the glass is half full with air, half full with water
Karkadann

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion