How to enable the Gahreesen Wall

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

Re: How to enable the Gahreesen Wall

Postby Sirius » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:24 am

Music: It seems you just need to wait the end of the first music you can hear in the corridors. You'll need to have at least the Garrison_District_grsnWallRoomClimbingPhys.prp from Until Uru in your "dat" folder and have updated the .sum file (or use the UU installation). Drop yourself into the Wall area thanks to the suit machines (not flymode), and the first music will starts, followed by the second. (else, you can simply find the music file in the "sfx" folder)

About ABM: it depends, in fact. If you are using an Age Beyond Myst install, you must use the "ABM" patcher, and then copy the original "UruSetup.exe" in your Uru folder (but I also heard you could copy UruExplorer.exe instead, but I'm not sure for ABM version). For Complete Chronicles, you must use the "CC" patcher, and then copy the original "sp.dll" and "UruSetup.exe" to your folder.

And flymode disables almost everything, yes. There are still the "visregions" (the regions that hides objects if you go out of them).
Sirius

Postby nathan2055 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:24 pm

Hmm...I've located the Garrison District Nexus Ambiance, but the Wall files are nowhere to be found (who new all these cool sounds were in my URU install, waiting to be heard!). Do you need to complete the patch?
Currently an official representative of the Guild of Writers.
Nathan2055 (01307567) on MO:ULagain - NAL2055 (00071382) on The Deep Island Shard
Community Nexus Project
nathan2055

Postby Agenotfound » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:09 pm

Sirius wrote:Ahhhhhhh, I always wanted to know about these anim file ! MaleClimbUpDebris and MaleDescentDebris, right ?
I would like to see that.

pom pom pom

Agenotfound

Postby diafero » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:38 pm

Oh, he's alive :) That's what I meant.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby tangara » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:57 pm

Agenotfound wrote: pom pom pom

:shock: Wow ! Too awesome Agenotfound ! Don't keep it to yourself ! Pass it ! :lol:

diafero wrote:Offline UU is UU played offline :) . You can get it by simply creating a "normal" UU (with the patcher from http://www.the-deep-island.de/uru-tools/ for example) and then taking the UruSetup.exe from ABM and putting it into the UU folder.

About UU offline : I've finally could install it and climb the wall ( thank you so much Sirius) but two things question me :
- there is no books on bookshelves at the first link in the Relto from Cleft (no Bevin and no Great Tree Pub)...Is that normal ? :shock: I do not think so...
- in Teledahn, machinery does not start after you have synchronized the parable with the sun. A bit annoying... :lol:

As I never played UU online, I do not know the eventual differences and I did not went too far in the game but these two ones seem to be important and invalidant...Are they bugs ?? And if yes, what shall I do ?? :D
tangara

Postby Lontahv » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:13 am

If I recall correctly, the broken Teledahn sun-tracker was part of the normal UU install. However, D'mala patches fixed this. I've never personally had that issue because I use D'mala as a base for the offline UU.
Currently getting some ink on my hands over at the Guild Of Ink-Makers (PyPRP2).
Lontahv
Councilor of Artistic Direction

Postby tangara » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:37 am

:shock: What do you mean with D'mala patches ? I used the patch in here http://www.the-deep-island.de/uru-tools/, is it this one ? If not, can you give me the link for the patch you are talking about, please ?

Ah, and I had forgot in my list the problem of the KI which does not work : sticking the hand in the slot lights the KI dispenser, but the KI does not appear on the hand nor in the bottom of the screen... :cry:
tangara

Postby Agenotfound » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:21 am

tangara wrote:Ah, and I had forgot in my list the problem of the KI which does not work : sticking the hand in the slot lights the KI dispenser, but the KI does not appear on the hand nor in the bottom of the screen... :cry:

In CC

will have to get back to that at some point...
Agenotfound

Postby tangara » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:29 am

Agenotfound wrote:
tangara wrote:Ah, and I had forgot in my list the problem of the KI which does not work : sticking the hand in the slot lights the KI dispenser, but the KI does not appear on the hand nor in the bottom of the screen... :cry:

In CC
will have to get back to that at some point...

:shock: :shock: What ???? Sorry, I do not understand at all what you mean... :(
tangara

Postby diafero » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:14 am

Agenotfound seems to have misunderstood you, the screenshot he posted shows the KI light from MOUL working in POTS. I think however, tangara, you are speaking about the KI machine in Gahreesen. Last time I installed UU offline is so long ago, I do not remember what worked and what did not... however I remember I once had a problem caused by some additional pak file in the python folder ("update3.pak" or something). So, could you check if there is anything in there besides the "journal.pak", "python.pak" and "system" files and dirs? Remove the rest, and try again.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion