Secret Room

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

Re: Secret Room

Postby tangara » Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:24 am

:D You both are right :lol: but I meant the third book of the meeting room, the one on the boxes.
Show Spoiler

Chacal, I did as you suggested it : I restored a backup of spyroom, then I started again from scratch with SpyroomMod_rev03.zip. Then I tested the link and...dadadada :
Show Spoiler

I had a look in the scene object list and the fifteen objects that should be there were not. :cry: :cry: It is as if 'save' did not work...Any idea or suggestion ?
tangara

Postby Wamduskasapa » Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:21 am

tangara wrote::D You both are right :lol: but I meant the third book of the meeting room, the one on the boxes.
Show Spoiler

Chacal, I did as you suggested it : I restored a backup of spyroom, then I started again from scratch with SpyroomMod_rev03.zip. Then I tested the link and...dadadada :
Show Spoiler

I had a look in the scene object list and the fifteen objects that should be there were not. :cry: :cry: It is as if 'save' did not work...Any idea or suggestion ?

You want the Scene Node not the Scene Object

in otherwords OK Lets do this from scratch

1: Open PRPShop, click file and click open, and Double Click Neighborhood.age

2: click file and click open, and Double Click Spyroom.age
--------Open the Age Spyroom Click Spyroom, Click Drawable Spans, then right click spyroom_District_spyroom_00000000_0Spans, and click delete

3: Right Click Spyroom, then click Import

4: Navigate to your folder where you have stored SpyroomMod_rev03,
5: click the folder Files and type CTRL+A, then click open then save

6: Right Click Textures, then click Import
7: click the folder MipMaps and type CTRL+A, then click open then save

8: Click Spyroom - click Scene Node - double click spyroom_district_spyroom type CTRL+END
9: right click the last entry and click add object - in the next panel click the object entry and type CTRL+END

from that point on just add each object and then save

This completes the SpyRoom except for copying the file spyroom.pak to the Python Folder of your game...

EDIT Now follow the same proceedure for the neighborhood mod (let me know if you wish me to itemize...)
Last edited by Wamduskasapa on Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Postby tangara » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:08 am

Thanks for help Wamduskasapa. I tried your way :

Show Spoiler

but I could not pass the 1) :

Show Spoiler

I tried again the Sculp's way, from my first modif save of spyroom. I tried again the Chacal's way, starting from scratch. Nothing is working. :evil: :evil: I always miss some book somewhere... :lol:
tangara

Postby Wamduskasapa » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:07 am

tangara wrote:I had a look in the scene object list and the fifteen objects that should be there were not. :cry: :cry: It is as if 'save' did not work...Any idea or suggestion ?

Above You have said scene object you need to be working with the Scene Node not Scene Object

Look at my steps 8 and 9 above
Wamduskasapa

Postby Chacal » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:14 am

tangara wrote:Chacal, I did as you suggested it : I restored a backup of spyroom, then I started again from scratch with SpyroomMod_rev03.zip. Then I tested the link and...dadadada : I had a look in the scene object list and the fifteen objects that should be there were not. It is as if 'save' did not work...Any idea or suggestion ?

Actually I had the same problem, and I started using File / Save instead of clicking on the "Save" icon. Also, I saved after each step, instead of only at the end. This worked.

Wamduskasapa wrote:
1: Open PRPShop, click file and click open, and Double Click Neighborhood.age
2: click file and click open, and Double Click Spyroom.age
3: Open the Age Spyroom and Right Click Spyroom, then click Import

I think there's a mistake here. This should be like this:
1: Open PRPShop, click file and click open, and Double Click spyroom_District_spyroom.prp
2: Open the Age Spyroom and Right Click Spyroom, then click Import

Wamduskasapa wrote:Above You have said scene object you need to be working with the Scene Node not Scene Object
Look at my steps 8 and 9 above

Yes , but if he the fifteen SceneObjects were not imported in the prp, then he cannot add them to the SceneNode. They will not show in the list.
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby tangara » Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:21 pm

@ Wamduskasapa : Yes I know I have to work with the Scene Node and not the Scene Objects. I followed Sculp's instructions step by step and I have had no problems with the first step viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4814&start=10 ( nor with Chacal' tutorial "Adding an object to a scene node") but, when you have add objects to Scene Node, should they not be listed somewhere ? ;) I thought it was in Scene Objects List that is why I checked there. When I checked the list after adding objects they are in, when I checked the list after testing the link and note the absence of the book, they are no more as if I forgot to save.

@ Chacal : I do not have the "Save" icon as you can see, so I always save in File. And, since the first time I had the problem, I did like you : save after each step. This did not work. :D
Show Spoiler

Chacal wrote: I think there's a mistake here. This should be like this:
1: Open PRPShop, click file and click open, and Double Click spyroom_District_spyroom.prp
2: Open the Age Spyroom and Right Click Spyroom, then click Import

Yes actually, I did not understand these steps 1 and 2 and double click Neighborhood.age or Spyroom.age gave me an error message as you have seen. But, I still do not understand something : I have done all that several times !!! The only difference I see is opening PrPShop alone instead of in PlasmaShop...And what about deleting files in 'Drawable Spans' ? and deleting or updating the spyroom.sum file in PlasmaShop ?

@ Wamduskasapa : In fact, my problem is not that I do not understand how to follow Sculp's cooking recipe, my problem is that it does not work :
- adding the linking book with the file SpyroomModBookAddition_v1.zip removes the linking book in the MeetingRoom.
- starting from scratch with the file SpyroomMod_rev03.zip removes the linking book in the Spyroom

Edit : IT WORKED !!!!! What I have done is saving each object added in the Scene Node ! Why I have had to do like that is what I do not understand ?????

@ Sculp : Awesome !!! Giant!!! Thank you for this splendid work : I did not expect a so large room ! I suffered a lot but I am so glad to be arrived there ! So thank you very much indeed Sculp. 8-)
Last edited by tangara on Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
tangara

Postby Wamduskasapa » Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:16 pm

OPPS I forgot about deleting spyroom_District_spyroom_00000000_0Spans

I have added that statement to the above

as far as zeroing out or emptying the sum file if you are working with a Drizzle modifyed install - It has already been done...
Wamduskasapa

Postby Chacal » Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:19 pm

Glad you made it, Tangara!
I'm working on UruDistro as much as I can and you will be my beta tester!
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby tangara » Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:49 pm

:D I will be very proud to be it !
tangara

Previous

Return to General Discussion