An Age Suggestion- Walking Maze!

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

Re: An Age Suggestion- Walking Maze!

Postby kaelisebonrai » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:06 am

J'Kla wrote:I'm not saying it's wrong to waste time, just that if you are allready doing a maze then a loop back is just more of the same and is just a way of adding complexity and that provided it's not overdone it is a valid extension.

In fact it's at the heart of modern programming in the re-use of code with object oriented programming.

With some clever alignment you could make this maze largely modular and repeating with audio clues as one option but giving the player a second option of mapping thats only valid if the maze has sufficient complexity.

It allways bothered me that there was a degree of difficulty in cracking the original MYST spaceship if you had a hearing impairment or like many failed to have perfect pitch and that there was no alternative digital readout.

To cut to the chase false exits, alternative exits and loop backs are all part of the options in adding complexity to a maze the degree to which they are used sets the tone for the project and as such the final decision rests with the project leader.

It is also generally annoying, and annoyance should never be an intended design feature. =P
kaelisebonrai

Postby pokemon71096 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:24 am

Agree with kaelis
pokemon71096

Postby J'Kla » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:56 am

I'll take that on advisement (military speak for I will probably ignore that) when I build my ages.
J'Kla

Postby andylegate » Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:39 pm

kaelisebonrai wrote:
J'Kla wrote:I'm not saying it's wrong to waste time, just that if you are allready doing a maze then a loop back is just more of the same and is just a way of adding complexity and that provided it's not overdone it is a valid extension.

In fact it's at the heart of modern programming in the re-use of code with object oriented programming.

With some clever alignment you could make this maze largely modular and repeating with audio clues as one option but giving the player a second option of mapping thats only valid if the maze has sufficient complexity.

It allways bothered me that there was a degree of difficulty in cracking the original MYST spaceship if you had a hearing impairment or like many failed to have perfect pitch and that there was no alternative digital readout.

To cut to the chase false exits, alternative exits and loop backs are all part of the options in adding complexity to a maze the degree to which they are used sets the tone for the project and as such the final decision rests with the project leader.

It is also generally annoying, and annoyance should never be an intended design feature. =P

Which is why the Slider should always be moved a little more to the left......or was that right? No wait, go back, you had it...........
"I'm still trying to find the plKey for Crud!"
Blender Age Creation Tutorials
3DS Max Age Creation Tutorials
andylegate

Postby Karkadann » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:20 pm

Well So far so good

The Optimist see's the glass half full, The Pessimist see's the glass half empty.
Its the Realist who see's the glass is half full with air, half full with water
Karkadann

Postby OHB » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:55 pm

Just a thought...but how about railings? Or have you decided that people are allowed to fall off? If the walking maze had been in Myst, falling off wouldn't have been possible...however it is now. Just something to think about...
OHB

Postby J'Kla » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:24 am

Yes you know health and safety is an issue these days :D
J'Kla

Postby kaelisebonrai » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:01 am

andylegate wrote:
kaelisebonrai wrote:

Which is why the Slider should always be moved a little more to the left......or was that right? No wait, go back, you had it...........

Which is why that puzzle has been so often commented on, not as a good thing, as something people didn't like. ;)
kaelisebonrai

Postby pokemon71096 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:42 am

Well we could also add invisible walls.
I like it karkadann, but isn't the fog a little too thick & blue?
pokemon71096

Postby Luna » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:51 am

pokemon71096 wrote:Well we could also add invisible walls.

Nothing is more annoying/freaking weird then an invisible wall.
Code: Select all
long longestTimeWithoutPlayingMoula = (new Date()) - (new Date(2014, 9, 26));
Luna

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion