An Age Suggestion- Walking Maze!

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

Re: An Age Suggestion- Walking Maze!

Postby Karkadann » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:21 am

I packed the Wrong Python file I Remember cuz It was named WalkingMazepak.pak, I did not want to edit it because of what happend with the paging error from the LostStonehenge, the one I sent was a called WalkingMaze.Pak and was a bit smaller, Here Is the age file info stuff in the new format. Thanks for your patients

http://www.mediafire.com/?22cwgt6xby11toq
The Optimist see's the glass half full, The Pessimist see's the glass half empty.
Its the Realist who see's the glass is half full with air, half full with water
Karkadann

Postby diafero » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:52 am

The new version went through all checks fine, and is available on Shard and UAM now :)
I only changed the age descriptor to give the current date for the last update.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby janaba » Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:47 am

The ship is awesome, Karkadann, so beautiful and real ... Now you only need to add some sounds and clickables ... :D
janaba

Postby gabriml » Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:54 pm

Looked for the
Show Spoiler
but could not find it anywhere.
Show Spoiler
Mark Gabrielson
Gehn KI#: 28638
-----------------------
John Three Sixteen
gabriml

Postby janaba » Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:02 am

You're right, gabriml, haha, it is gone now and I also found where this is coming from ... :P

As I've seen the ship already before I just wanted to override the Walking Maze files with
copying and pasting the older ones to see if it would come back and what did I see ... ?

The 'WalkingMaze.pak' is now called 'WalkingMazepak.pak', so you only have to delete
the redundant pak directly following Maze and the ship is back ... Enjoy ... :D
janaba

Postby diafero » Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:31 am

If you use UAM to install the age, this will not be a problem - the old pak is deleted automatically.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby janaba » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:05 am

When I install the newer 'corrected' version of the WalkingMaze with Drizzle I get the wrong WalkingMaze python
pak file as described above, diafero ... I just tried to update it again with Drizzle to be sure and the by myself
corrected WalkingMaze as described above turned back into the wrong one as mentioned above ... :P
janaba

Postby diafero » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:41 am

Sure, the Drizzle package installs WalkingMazepak.pak because that is how Karkadann called the file in his package. Uru does not care about the name of the package, it could just as well be called qwertz.pak - we have to make sure it does not collide with another age though.
The problem was caused by you having both the WalkingMaze.pak and a WalkingMazepak.pak file, and Uru being confused about which one to actually use for the Python. Installing the new version with UAM, if you had the previous version installed, will however automatically remove the old pak file.

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby janaba » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:56 am

Nope, I didn't have both ... but, just try it out for yourself ... :P

Edit:
Just tried it again, I don't know why I'm doing this as I did have my ship lol, so ok,
now after the download from Drizzle again having the pak.pak (only) there was no ship ...
I've changed it back to WalkingMaze.pak and no ship either, means, you're correct with
this one (it was only an obvious assumption of a layman lol), but now I know it must be
one of the other files for the dat folder, cause as I mentioned above,
when I copied the files from the last version the ship was back again and this is what
I just did and the ship is back, and as you said independently from the pak ...
And now I'll leave it with that to keep my ship lol, you are the expert after all ... :P

To wet your appetite a bit a foretaste of what is to be expected, the inside is a must see also ... :D

WalkingMaze - The ship4a.jpg
WalkingMaze - The ship4a.jpg (75.03 KiB) Viewed 3880 times
janaba

Postby janaba » Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:45 am

I believe I have it now hehe ... It just spontaneously came to me to download the 7z archive directly from
your 'Deep Island UAM database', diafero, to look for the files inside and what I found were the older files
from the 14-03-2012
which contained no ship, and while contemplating to post this or let you find out
yourself lol I had another idea lol ... I downloaded the new archive from Karkadann posted above which also
contains the same old files and there we have it maybe, 'cause the archive I have downloaded from the
previous page when he first provided it contains files from the 18-04-2012 providing the ship which I have ... :P

Unfortunately, he has removed the link and so I've uploaded the zip archive to my MediaFire account ...
So, anybody interested, esp. you diafero could download it from there if you like and see and use the
different newer files ... :)
janaba

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion