Unoficial Expansion Pack

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

Unoficial Expansion Pack

Postby cskid13 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:39 pm

I am hoping to compile an unofficial expansion pack to Myst Uru: The Complete Chronicles (or Uru: Ages Beyond Myst), so I am holding a contest. The best ages will be added to the expansion pack. I am looking for ages with (a): good puzzles that are actually challenging, and (b) fairly large ages. (Anything the size of Janga or larger is good enough, if you know what Janga is). So far, there is no deadline.
cskid13

Re: Unoficial Expansion Pack

Postby Charura » Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:00 pm

If you are planning on using Drizzle inclusive in your endeavor..be advised it only works with CC not ABM..
Gehn Shard avvies: charura 10827 chickopee 142711 cannon belle 144577 char gearz 149794 teri dactyl 153077
Moul(a) Charura 55400 Chickopee 20089892 Cannon Belle 13686512 Char Gearz 706359 Teri Dactyl 12658065
Charura

Postby Luna » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:41 am

Uh, may I ask what the use is of an "unofficial expansion pack" when you can install any combination of fan ages you want.
Code: Select all
long longestTimeWithoutPlayingMoula = (new Date()) - (new Date(2014, 9, 26));
Luna

Postby diafero » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:48 am

Ages coming to my mind: Takla Makan, Sonavio, Oolbahnneea, Adrael. Reportedly, Turtle Isle is also of such kind.

However, I second Luna's question: What are you actually trying to achieve? Something like an easy to install way to get some awesome fan-ages into a plain Uru TPOTS?
Also, Drizzle is a tool that works out of the game, so making it part of the expansion pack does not make much sense (unless you want to use Drizzle to do parts of the expansion pack setup process). The Offline KI on the other hand, which could be considered an "Uru extension", is already something like an expansion pack on its own ;-)
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby cskid13 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:35 pm

I am hoping to make an expansion pack that can be used with the Complete Chronicles without Drizzle or the offline Ki.
cskid13

Postby D'Lanor » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:55 am

I hope you are good at Python programming then. Have you actually tried adding an age without Drizzle or the Offline KI?
"It is in self-limitation that a master first shows himself." - Goethe
D'Lanor

Postby Chacal » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:32 am

If not, then maybe he'll become good at Python programming by trying this.
In any case, there's a progress.
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby cskid13 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:01 am

About this--I am not giving up yet. I have actually started now. The expansion pack will include Fens, Neolbah, Serene, Eder Tsogal, Eder Delin, and Vothol Gallery. I remembered that Kirel's linking room is virtually empty, so I will make a new page for Kirel with the linking books. If you look hard enough, you will also be able to find a bahro stone to Vothol Gallery hidden somewhere. If there is a law restricting me from releasing the two Eders, then I might cut them out of the released version.

By the way, does anyone know where I can find the python code for the bahro wedges?
cskid13

Postby Deledrius » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:10 pm

cskid13 wrote:If there is a law restricting me from releasing the two Eders, then I might cut them out of the released version.?

The laws you're looking for are those encompassing copyright, which restrict you from distributing any protected works (not just those two) unless you have permission to do so.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Karkadann » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:46 pm

You can always ask, the worst they can do is not respond or say no.
The Optimist see's the glass half full, The Pessimist see's the glass half empty.
Its the Realist who see's the glass is half full with air, half full with water
Karkadann

Next

Return to General Discussion