Rahsoo Bahrotan - REVISED

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

Rahsoo Bahrotan - REVISED

Postby Calena » Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:27 pm

It's official. Dustin has the age loaded on the UAM shard and available off line through Drizzle. Diafero should have it up on Deep Island soon. If anyone needs direct access to it, there is a link posted on the "Ramblings from a Noob" thread.

I hope everyone can play it and enjoys the age. I certainly enjoyed building it . This is a great place to learn the art. Thank you everyone.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT July 6, 2011 - The updated version of the age is now available through Drizzle and on the shards. I attempted to build a fix for the missing sound problem on the shards, but it didn't work :( . I'll do more studying and thinking about it and fix it if I can. My apologies about this.

Hope everyone enjoys the new and "improved" version. I think implementing the suggestions I received put the perfect finishing touches on the age :) .
Last edited by Calena on Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Galatians 2: 20-21

"Don't mess with me today. I have my CAPS LOCK key and I know how to use it!"
Calena

Re: Rahsoo Bahrotan - Released :)

Postby Wamduskasapa » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:21 pm

So far I have spent just a short time in Rahsoo Bahrotan but what I have seen, I LOVE.

I do have a few observations:

The Cabin, Spiderweb and Journal were great, but wouldn't it be nice to be able to sit down?
The Wahacanka {Whah-hah-chahng-kah} (Mandalas/Shields) inside and outside the Tipi were excellent
I liked the General Store Fly, Spiderweb, Windows and the old Expectorant Poster, but I was wondering about the Outhouse and maybe having the ability to sit down and having flies buzzing about.

If you enjoy Native American Music maybe my Flute Music might help establish an ambiance for your age. To listen to them just right click the following links and save to your system.

My NAF Flute 01
My NAF Flute 02
My NAF Flute 03
My NAF Flute 04
My NAF Flute 05
My NAF Flute 06
My NAF Flute 06
My NAF Flute 07
My NAF Flute 09
My NAF Flute 10

EDIT: and no I still haven't found the cave...
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Postby ametist » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:21 pm

Congratulations Calena!! I knew it would be a fantastic age! Your first one and so many cool things in there, like that pesky fly :lol: , the small bushes, he web, the details in the buildings of different sorts and a backstory! I really enjoyed walking around there/me cheer!! Putting in some of those wonderful flute-tunes by Wamduskasapa would really add to the feeling IMHO.
I will come back, that's for sure!
ametist

Postby Corvus » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:23 am

Great job, Calena! Rahsoo Bahrotan is a marvellous age. I very much enjoyed to explore it.

I love all the little details you built like the cart, the windmill and the decorations in the store. Unfortunately the fly swatters are sold out, :lol: . I also like the symbols on the tipi, especially the crow which is not only my favourite animal, but also has some importance to proceed in the age ;) .

I don't want to give away too much for the others who still have to explore, but the 2nd part is amazing as well.
Show Spoiler

The legend is a nice twist to connect your age with the story of the D'Ni. With all the animations, sounds and nice details one can see how much love and care you put in your first age. Congratulations!
"To regard the imagination as metaphysics is to think of it as part of life, and to think of it as part of life is to realize the extent of artifice. We live in the mind."

-Wallace Stevens-
Corvus

Postby Rabenschwinge » Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:06 am

A really nice age, I like it! As for the puzzle, wasn´t able to solve it, yet - is it so difficult, or am I so dumb? :D

Calena, would you like me to do a maintainer inspection of your age?
If you want to know details, see the maintainer website.
Rabenschwinge

Postby Wamduskasapa » Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:24 am

Rabenschwinge wrote: As for the puzzle, wasn´t able to solve it, yet - is it so difficult, or am I so dumb? :D

Don't feel bad - I am no closer to solving it either - so if your dumb :lol: I am just outright stupid :oops:
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Postby Corvus » Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:12 am

You two are not dumb, you just have to keep your eyes wide open while walking along. :shock:
"To regard the imagination as metaphysics is to think of it as part of life, and to think of it as part of life is to realize the extent of artifice. We live in the mind."

-Wallace Stevens-
Corvus

Postby Calena » Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:19 am

IMPORTANT UPDATE: Dustin discovered that the SDL file in the zipped version is corrupt. He already fixed the file on the UAM shard and the Drizzle download. If anyone else downloaded the file from Megauploads, I've posted a corrected SDL file here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0ZYJKZRW

I apologize to anyone having problems with the age because of this.

Calena

Postby Calena » Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:35 am

Wamduskasapa wrote:The Cabin, Spiderweb and Journal were great, but wouldn't it be nice to be able to sit down?

I can do that for the chair in the hut. If you get too tired running around, the bench on the store porch is a good place to take a rest ;) .

The Wahacanka {Whah-hah-chahng-kah} (Mandalas/Shields) inside and outside the Tipi were excellent

Thanks. I did some research to find authentic symbols that weren't specific to a particular tribe. You know far more than I do about this topic, so if you approve, then I know all is well here.

I liked the General Store Fly, Spiderweb, Windows and the old Expectorant Poster, but I was wondering about the Outhouse and maybe having the ability to sit down and having flies buzzing about.

:lol: I'll need to include a newspaper from the 1800's and ask one of the super devs to enable our avatars to read while we sit.

I'm going to take some time to listen to your music files. I'd love to put some authentic music inside the tipi. Awesome idea, many thanks for this.

For those of you that can't find the cave, I'll give a hint:

Show Spoiler

Calena

Postby Calena » Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:45 am

ametist wrote:Congratulations Calena!! I knew it would be a fantastic age! Your first one and so many cool things in there, like that pesky fly :lol: , the small bushes, he web, the details in the buildings of different sorts and a backstory! I really enjoyed walking around there/me cheer!! Putting in some of those wonderful flute-tunes by Wamduskasapa would really add to the feeling IMHO.
I will come back, that's for sure!

Thanks! Your advice to use regions to trigger the animations was da bomb! I did a search and found your conversations on how to do this, but I couldn't get it to work. I finally used the Alscript from the music regions and made slight adjustments to create animation regions, without SDL! I love it, I can put in bunches of fun animations without slowing the age down.

Calena

Next

Return to General Discussion