Physics for Actors

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

Physics for Actors

Postby Sirius » Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:39 am

I'm having troubles in a PRP.
For actors (using coordinate interface), the vertices in the physics have the object's location for origin. PyPRP usually does this fine, but I'm working in an already exiting file.
Unfortunately, I have a clickable not at the correct position. It's physical vertices use the global world origin and not the object's location. So, the object can only be clicked when you're close enough to the world's origin, while the drawed part is at the correct location, far from it. It doesn't uses any subworld, and the coordinate interface is correct. It seems it does it for simple colliders as well.

So, in the PRP, the verts are indeed close to the world center. The only propety is kPinned.
I found out in other PRPs that some actors uses the transforms properties. This thing:
Code: Select all
<Transform>
   <hsVector3 X="0" Y="0" Z="0" />
   <hsQuat X="0" Y="0" Z="1" W="0" />
</Transform>
It seems it is a way to set the origin for the vertices: position and rotation.
I wanted to put the coordinates from the Coordinate Interface. In other PRPs of Cyan, the position is the same as in the coordinate interface. The rotation, however, is never the same. The coordinates once imported in Blender don't match any of those two, because it's in degrees, and it in radians in the PRPs (correct me if I'm wrong, I'm not sure about that).
Putting only the position and not the rotation doesn't work, the clickable doesn't appear.

I tried another way: adding the kPhysAnim property. This works fine, the clickable is at the correct position. But that's mostly for animated physics, and this clickable has no animation.

Do anyone knows how it's supposed to work ? That's quite annoying as it is usually fine in other PRPs and I never saw any physical warped to the worlds origin.
Sirius

Return to General Discussion