Secret Found in Cavern

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

Secret Found in Cavern

Postby Grazz » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:18 pm

(this is a topic about original uru live)
Shorah, everyone.

I know that this might be a topic more for the guild of greeters, or MOUL website, but I cannot post this on either of these sites. If you can, please help spread this, and perhaps we can move it to another guild site.

Anyways, lets get to it:

A couple days ago, I decided to create a new D'ni explorer and do a playthrough of Uru Live. As I played, I took many pictures with the Ki (in-game camera thing.) While playing through Teledahn, one of the first ages, I found 3 nice paintings in Sharpers Office in Ae'gura. While taking Ki pictures of these paintings, I suddenly noticed something!
On the Ki picture of the middle painting, three numbers had appeared! It seems that those numbers only appear as you take a Ki picture of the painting!

Here is Some screenshots of the Ki pictures:

Close by picture:

From side picture:

Far away picture:

If you know that these numbers are there for, or if there is something else you wonder feel free to post!

/Grazz :D
Grazz
Grazz

Re: Secret Found in Cavern

Postby kaelisebonrai » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:55 pm

I never did figure out what that meant, but in my hunt for old pictures of uru stuff, and concepts, etc...

I did discover this image from Choru: http://chiso.uruslasthope.com/albums/Ga ... rison3.jpg

I've always thought it was related. =P
kaelisebonrai

Postby Chacal » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:21 pm

Can't help wondering how many unfinished concepts, Ages and puzzles are sleeping in file drawers at Cyan. Frustrating.
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby kaelisebonrai » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:24 pm

I've got a whole bunch of stuff like that sitting on Chiso: http://chiso.uruslasthope.com/

I've got a few updates planned (again/still), but I need to work out a better way of getting stuff on there, at the moment, the workflow is a mess. :<
kaelisebonrai

Postby Grazz » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:19 am

kaelisebonrai wrote:I did discover this image from Choru: http://chiso.uruslasthope.com/albums/Ga ... rison3.jpg

I've always thought it was related. =P

Nice observation! :)
It sure looks like it's related. I myself do not know anything about these numbers. I just happened to find them on my latest playthrough of uru live again.

Hopefully, the numbers really mean something. But the case can also be that Cyan were working on a new puzzel, but just didn't have time to finish it.
I still like the fact that there might be more hidden in the deep cavern. :) It makes the game feel alive...
Grazz
Grazz

Postby Deledrius » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:28 pm

Chacal wrote:Can't help wondering how many unfinished concepts, Ages and puzzles are sleeping in file drawers at Cyan. Frustrating.

Frustrating doesn't even begin to cover it! ;)

Grazz wrote:Hopefully, the numbers really mean something. But the case can also be that Cyan were working on a new puzzel, but just didn't have time to finish it.

For all we know, it could be part of RAWA's "Fans still haven't found some puzzles we left hidden." Or it could be the result of someone at Cyan messing around. Or something accidentally left behind. Or all or none of the above. :|
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Sirius » Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:15 am

Agenotfound also posted it on another thread. To sum up, here is what has been said:

The numbers are directly on the texture for this painting in the PRP. It doesn't always show up because it's alpha.

D'Lanor explained it quite well:
D'Lanor wrote:Uru does however have no less than 3 methods for taking images.

There is PtStartScreenCapture(self.key) which the KI uses. This is followed by either image.saveAsJPEG(name, quality %) which saves the image to the local disk in the KIImages folder, or it is redirected to the vault with vaultImageNode.imageSetImage(image).

When PtStartScreenCapture is used Uru always takes a snapshot of its own render scene. If you ever saw the fps from fraps it surely was a major bug.

The vault however can also accept true screenhots with: vaultImageNode.setImageFromScrShot(). This takes a screenshot of the Uru screen area, which is not necessarily its own render scene. This way you could quickly shove another picture in front of the Uru window and that picture would end up in the vault (the shard owner's nightmare :mrgreen: ).

Lastly there is PtSaveScreenShot(name, width, height, quality %) which is the local disk equivalent of vaultImageNode.setImageFromScrShot(). PtSaveScreenShot produces high quality images, especially if you manage to match the width and height to your own resolution.

BTW, another alpha bug:
http://guildofartisans.org/dnistuff/KIimage0005.png

And in Sharper's office the numbers are 3/1/4, whereas in Gahreesen it is 3/5/4. As some of you said, it seems it was an old puzzle which was never finished.
Last edited by Sirius on Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sirius

Postby kaelisebonrai » Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:20 am

Sirius, it'd be nice not to hotlink images from someone else' site, without their permission. (I don't mind linking to my images, but hotlinking them is a no-no)

But, yes, the alpha image was taken on MO:ULagain, on the neighborhood balcony. And yes, appearantly uru does (or did) have a major bug - as i have ki shots with the fps counter from fraps (using uru cc and alcugs) and, infact, that part of that response of D'lanor's was to me. =)
kaelisebonrai

Postby Sirius » Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:38 am

Ooops, sorry. I used the url tag instead. Is that ok ?
Sirius

Postby kaelisebonrai » Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:04 pm

Perfectly fine, thanks! =D
kaelisebonrai

Next

Return to General Discussion