Back on the Wall

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

Re: Back on the Wall

Postby Sirius » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:33 am

Ok, I updated the files and they seem to work fine. I deleted the other attachment, here is the new one:
WallObjects.zip
(1.36 MiB) Downloaded 320 times

I added Chacal's suggestion for the instruction file.

@ Chacal: it would be great if your installer could remove the following objects:
- the plSimpleRegionSensors from grsnWallRoomClimbingPhys.prp
- both Python files in grsnTeamRoom01.prp and grsnTeamRoom02.prp
These won't matter a lot but it will make the climbing physics page much lighter. I prefer the PRP to be clean of unused objects.

Chacal wrote:There would be 2 scripts: one for everyone, an additional one for people who don't use the offline KI.
+1

Chacal wrote:Automation would be much easier for players if I included the missing files from UU. Not sure how people feel about that. Does anyone still care about those old files for a dead branch of Uru?
I usually avoid to redistribute Cyan's file even if they are old/modified. But of course you are free to do as you like.

If I have time and will, I'll try to extract the panel buttons from MOULa (and if I'm crazy enough to deal with the Drawable Spans). As you can't really know which team lost/won, I plan to use them (and maybe the imagers in the conference rooms for other things but that will be really hard) to indicate the winning team, or which team is editing its blockers...
It will take a lot of time though, as I have other projects and don't want to mess around with those modifications yet.
Sirius

Postby diafero » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:40 am

Are these the files already uploaded to DI?

@ Chacal: it would be great if your installer could remove the following objects:
These won't matter a lot but it will make the climbing physics page much lighter. I prefer the PRP to be clean of unused objects.
So I assume your files still contain these? IMHO we should endup with just one version of all of this, to avoid having different bugs - so, I would upload the files auto-generated by Chacal's tool if they are different (better) than the ones currently online.

I usually avoid to redistribute Cyan's file even if they are old/modified. But of course you are free to do as you like.
I'm doing that in the Offline KI for more than two years now, so I do not think these few files will do much of a difference. But I understand and respect your point, of course.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Chacal » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:13 pm

Sirius wrote:@ Chacal: it would be great if your installer could remove the following objects:

I presume that by "Python files" you mean plPythonFileMod objects?
No problem, removing objects from prps is already a feature of UruDistro.

Sirius wrote:If I have time and will, I'll try to extract the panel buttons from MOULa (and if I'm crazy enough to deal with the Drawable Spans). As you can't really know which team lost/won, I plan to use them (and maybe the imagers in the conference rooms for other things but that will be really hard) to indicate the winning team, or which team is editing its blockers...
It will take a lot of time though, as I have other projects and don't want to mess around with those modifications yet.

No problem. UruDistro can add them to an existing prp if you provide the object files (.obj or .prc) including the new plDrawableSpans object. But the ideal solution for adding new objects is to put them in a new prp, it makes rolling back (uninstalling) easier.

If you need to add new textures, I'm not sure how that is done.

Anyway if you do this at a later time, we can publish a new distro.

diafero wrote:I'm doing that in the Offline KI for more than two years now, so I do not think these few files will do much of a difference.

True. And also:
- distributing those few files is not enough for playing the game, the user still needs to purchase Uru;
- the UU installer is freely available on the web anyway, it gives the same result.
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby diafero » Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:26 am

Thanks to an update from Sirius, missing the clickable area in the setup panels no longer makes you stand up :)

However, unfortunately, actually playing the wall still does not work: When two people enter the wall area, you can not get up the full height, but instead there is some invisible blocker or something else preventing you from reaching the top (no, *not* the blockers set up by the other team ;-) ).
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Previous

Return to General Discussion