Back on the Wall

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

Re: Back on the Wall

Postby Charura » Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:56 pm

I am able to play by myself, setting both walls and only climbing by myself one side..I'm stoked it got even to this point..great work people!!! Where is the donate button here?
Gehn Shard avvies: charura 10827 chickopee 142711 cannon belle 144577 char gearz 149794 teri dactyl 153077
Moul(a) Charura 55400 Chickopee 20089892 Cannon Belle 13686512 Char Gearz 706359 Teri Dactyl 12658065
Charura

Postby Sirius » Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:13 am

It didn't notice any bug when I tested it on the Shard, but I didn't try with more than one player on it.

I'll see what might cause these bugs.

TIP: if you are climbing, pressing "jump" or "exit" should release your avvi from the Wall. I thought it could be useful in such situation.

Charura wrote:Where is the donate button here?
As I didn't spend any money on this, I don't see why I should put one :D . Glad you like it !

EDIT: it seems I made a mismatch with the triggering avatars :oops: . I wasn't sure at first how the script managed multiplayer events, and I totally forgot to check it again later. I am really inattentive.
Sirius

Postby RedSoxFan » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:08 am

Because this was the first time I've every tried the wall I had no clue how to start climbing so I hit the space bar while running to the wall. I ended up looking like a frozen spider man! I'm very excited by this addition, after all these years the room layout and side tunnels now make sense to me.

Thanks Sirius and Diafero!
Last edited by RedSoxFan on Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
RedSoxFan

Postby Seppolo » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:08 am

A great work! That's what I call an achievement! ;)

thank you!
„Myst will never forgotten“

Seppolo

Postby RedSoxFan » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:38 pm

It worked perfect this evening!
RedSoxFan

Postby diafero » Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:00 am

You're welcome :)

Sirius wrote:EDIT: it seems I made a mismatch with the triggering avatars :oops: . I wasn't sure at first how the script managed multiplayer events, and I totally forgot to check it again later. I am really inattentive.

Does that mean there will be an update?
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Sirius » Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:22 am

Yes, I sent you the update Diafero.

Now the avatars should behave fine...

But can someone tell me WHY multistage behaviors won't send any notify if you don't run them with an avatar returned by PtFindAvatar(events) ???
I just found you couldn't use PtGetLocalAvatar(), the behavior works fine but doesn't send any notify.
Sirius

Postby D'Lanor » Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:36 am

Sirius wrote:But can someone tell me WHY multistage behaviors won't send any notify if you don't run them with an avatar returned by PtFindAvatar(events) ???
I just found you couldn't use PtGetLocalAvatar(), the behavior works fine but doesn't send any notify.

Perhaps it doesn't know where to send the notify if you use the generic PtGetLocalAvatar() function. It may help to do this before running the behavior:
Code: Select all
avatar.avatar.setReplyKey(self.key)
"It is in self-limitation that a master first shows himself." - Goethe
D'Lanor

Postby diafero » Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:49 am

Something is wrong with the update you sent me, Sirius... after entering the tube (to get into the wall), I fall down, leave it... and warp back to the upper end of the tube again. And again. Endless loop...
Can you send me a fix soon? Otherwise I will revert the update.

EDIT: I went back to the previous version so that at least the single-player wall continues to work.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Sirius » Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:13 am

Ok, thanks for the info D'Lanor. So, this reply key is automatically set when you receive the avatar in OnNotify ? I'll add this fix.

Diafero, I also got this error but only once... I somehow managed to break this loop (I think I activated flymode...). I'll check again. I don't understand how it could have broken it...
Sirius

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion