Back on the Wall

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

Re: Back on the Wall

Postby Sirius » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:31 am

Sorry for not doing anything for almost a week, but I was in holidays with no Internet connection (and after that I discovered Portal Prelude :) ).

Anyway, I finally added the fix from D'Lanor + fixed again the bug RedSoxFan had + fixed the tubes.
I think the tubes were buggy because the region were activated twice - because of the Smart Seek. Which means once the anim done Plasma runs it again... and the avatar enters again the region... etc. So I disabled it while the tube was down, and it seems to work fine.

Here are the two modified files (if it finally works fine, I'll update the other attachment for the Wall on single player Uru).

@Diafero: I hope you're not getting bored to update the files again and again :? .
Attachments
grsnPythonFiles.zip
(13.51 KiB) Downloaded 254 times
Sirius

Postby diafero » Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:14 pm

I installed it and did a quick tst run, seems to be all right - as far as I can tell that, being alone in the age ;-)

@Diafero: I hope you're not getting bored to update the files again and again :? .
No, that's fine - what do you think how this works when I work on the Python myself? ;-)

Btw, I attached the python files the way they are now on the Shard... I would appreciate if you could use them as basis, as they contain the necessary license header so I do not have to add it again after each update of yours ;-) (they also contain the Nexus fix by D'Lanor, other than they, they are unmodified from what you sent me).
Attachments
grsnPythonFiles.zip
(26.12 KiB) Downloaded 274 times
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Chacal » Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:39 pm

Is this ready for adding to the single-player game?
Do we have final distribution files?
I'd like to prepare an automated distribution.
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby diafero » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:47 pm

I think we are waiting for people to try it out online, and tell us whether it works :D
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Sirius » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:54 pm

I didn't update my attachment because I couldn't try on DI with another player yet (but mostly because I'm lazy to try it :roll: ).
I would like to know if two avatars can use the same multistage behavior at the same time (I don't see why they couldn't, but Plasma is full of surprises). The other stuff should be working fine.

As it seems to be stable offline, I guess it can be released anyway.
I'll update the attachment when I can. If you want to do an automated distribution, that would be great (I guess I should hurry to post the files then :lol: ).

diafero wrote:Btw, I attached the python files the way they are now on the Shard... I would appreciate if you could use them as basis, as they contain the necessary license header so I do not have to add it again after each update of yours ;-)
Yes, sorry about that.
Sirius

Postby Chacal » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:34 pm

No hurry.
I'm just looking for a reason to start working on uruDistro again.
Chacal

-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby Chacal » Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:55 pm

Hi Sirius,
I had a look at the files in your Oct. 8th attachment.
There won't be a problem automating this distribution. Automation would take care of copying files, inserting objects, modifying the Garrison.age file and the SDL file. There would be 2 scripts: one for everyone, an additional one for people who don't use the offline KI.

Automation would be much easier for players if I included the missing files from UU. Not sure how people feel about that. Does anyone still care about those old files for a dead branch of Uru?

I suggest two changes to your install.txt:

"- open SDL/Garrison.sdl in your Uru directory, change grsnClimbingWallEnabled + grsnWallInfoJournalVis to DEFAULT=1"
You can't do that. This might screw up your Uru installation. The user needs to append a new STATEDESC block at the end, and make the changes in that new block.

- after "- Install UntilURU"
The instructions are not clear. I would add "Copy the following files from Until Uru to the same location in your POTS game folder
Chacal

-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby diafero » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:25 am

Actually I planned to include the complete patched files in the next version of the Offline KI, like I usually do with patches I install on the Shard.

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby sculp » Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:46 am

Chacal wrote:No hurry.
I'm just looking for a reason to start working on uruDistro again.

I got lots of stuff just waiting for an UruDistro release ;)
sculp

Postby Chacal » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:06 am

diafero wrote:Actually I planned to include the complete patched files in the next version of the Offline KI, like I usually do with patches I install on the Shard.

I think you can go ahead, because this is a patch that almost everyone will want, and these changes will not overwrite existing modifications, and very few people have an already modified Gahreesen anyway.

I will still publish the distro for those who don't have the Offline KI, or those who want a reversible change.
Chacal

-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion