R'Oshanhnin Korvahkhn Released

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

Re: R'Oshanhnin Korvahkhn Released

Postby Wamduskasapa » Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:18 am

@ diafero and Rhee You asked and here are three, While I am unable to dance for joy because of this wheelchair (I might run over someone) - these 3 will dance with and for me:

Image Image Image

EDIT: if only the nurses looked like that - oh well - a lot of Nurses are Men LOL
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Postby Rabenschwinge » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:42 am

Wamduskasapa wrote:Now I feel like BRAGGING

In the past Cyan has stated that they supported the Open Sourcing of MOULa. But this is the first time that they have showed an approval of a specific Fan Created Age. We have just received CYAN's (Chogon) approval for our Age. On the MOULa Forum Site, Chogon made the following post about the R'Oshanhnin Korvahkhn age:
(...)

Wow! Finally! :D

Regarding the age - I´ve played it, and I really, really like it. A lot of good ideas, and it was very interesting to read the journals - it was such a sad story (don´t want to spoil anything for those who haven´t yet played it.)

But, I do have a question - there was one part of the age I only could solve by cheating:
Show Spoiler
Rabenschwinge

Postby Calena » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:39 pm

Rabenschwinge wrote:But, I do have a question - there was one part of the age I only could solve by cheating:

If I recall correctly, there was some type of warning about 'avoiding danger'. Oh, and another clue in the same area that you /might/ want to not go there :o . Thank goodness for Relto books ;) .

I'm wondering if anyone knows what's written on the wall. If you do, send me a PM. Thanks.

Edit: clarity
Galatians 2: 20-21

"Don't mess with me today. I have my CAPS LOCK key and I know how to use it!"
Calena

Postby Christopher » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:39 am

Did you export the age using Blender or are you using 3ds max? It would be nice if we could also release this age on our MOULa-Server.
Christopher

Postby Wamduskasapa » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:54 am

R'Oshanhnin Korvahkhn was released using Blender. Both Calena and I have just gotten 3DS Max 8 and are studying our hearts out and for me beating my poor little head against the desk in attempting to learn that little Beastie. Give us a little time and we will be turning out new MOUL content...

Edit: spelling
Wamduskasapa

Postby Calena » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:40 am

Just for clarification - Calena has plans to begin a project with her son. Wam - I didn't realize you knew how to build ages. As far as this "cranking" out ages :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Obviously, you've never done this.
Galatians 2: 20-21

"Don't mess with me today. I have my CAPS LOCK key and I know how to use it!"
Calena

Postby Wamduskasapa » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:57 pm

Not with these tools :lol: The more I study the more confused I become :shock:
Wamduskasapa

Postby andylegate » Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:01 pm

Really? I could understand the building part (modeling) and I still do most of my modeling in Blender.

The cool thing about porting it over to Max is, you can add particles to it (steam, smoke, sparkes, rain, snow, leaves, bugs, you name it) quite easily. You can also add some bone animations to things (cloth like a curtain or a flag swaying in the wind, but looking natural). You can take full advantage of the Materials, especially Composite and better yet: Plasma Bump Mapping, to help bring out more realistic textures in things like rock surfaces. The Detail feature in the Materials Editor will let you fine tune control how things look from afar and close up, without all that pesky tiling or blurry textures.

Multi Stage Behavior Mod becomes available to you: imagine being able to set up avatar animations that are more complex.

Even Reward Clothing becomes a reality (if you want to put the effort into it, heh).

If you guys need help with any of my tutorials, just ask, that's what I'm here for.

I can even do work for you, in actually getting it from Blender to Max, and I'll use Max 7.0, that way you can load it in what ever later version of Max you have (3ds Max is forward compatible, so you can go from 7 to 8 to 9, etc all the way up to 2012, but it is not backwards compatible: IE I can't load up a Max file from 2012 into Max 7, 8 or 9 (those are the versions I have)).

I can get all the models, objects, terrains ported in, materials re-applied, lighting fixed. Serene took me 1 week to port over (it's a very small garden Age). Neolbah took about 3 weeks to do. I ported Eder Kemo from a import in Blender, back over to Max in about 2 weeks (that didn't include the wiring, and was also with me taking time off to play Team Fortress and Minecraft, heh):

All you have to do is ask. I get emails all the time from people who have questions, or missed a point on my tutorials. I won't bite your head off, belittle your work, or change anything you don't want changed. I love seeing people's work move forward.
"I'm still trying to find the plKey for Crud!"
Blender Age Creation Tutorials
3DS Max Age Creation Tutorials
andylegate

Postby RYANSUPERGENIUS1123 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:54 pm

I'm confused with this age. I got far. I touched all 7 journey cloths without being linked to Relto, went down those stairs, and found this room that's exactly like the room in Riven that contains the Tay linking book, and I clicked 8 of 9 animals on the pillars: crocodile, frog, squirrel, raccoon, raven, snake, deer, squee, and bald eagle. I didn't know the other animal, since I didn't see another different animal, so I did some trial and error, clicking all the 8 of 9 pillars that are correct animal symbols of the animals i found, and then clicking one different untouched pillar each time I fail the puzzle, and using that method until water moves along the walls like it did in Riven, but it didn't work. Can someone please help?
RYANSUPERGENIUS1123

Postby needmoremyst » Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:19 pm

Ummm..... deerfly!!!!
Umm... Hi
needmoremyst

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion