Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Re: R'Oshanhnin Korvahkhn Released

Postby RYANSUPERGENIUS1123 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:27 am

Awesome. Thanks. That really helped. I completed the age and got the Relto page that adds the Riven dagger. Thanks for helping.
RYANSUPERGENIUS1123

Postby Wamduskasapa » Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:17 am

Now that you have that easy part done, I challenge you to find all of the entrapments that were designed into this Age. When you have the answer, PM me

EDIT
Show Spoiler
Wamduskasapa

Postby Chacal » Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:41 pm

entrapment = trap ?
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby Wamduskasapa » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:02 pm

Chacal wrote:entrapment = trap ?

Sorry :oops: - Yes
Wamduskasapa

Postby Calena » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:08 pm

Wamduskasapa wrote:Now that you have that easy part done, I challenge you to find all of the entrapments that were designed into this Age. When you have the answer, PM me

EDIT
Show Spoiler

I find Wamduskasapa's question rather odd, particularly the 'hint'.

Since I'm the designer and builder of the age, if I don't know what he's talking about, I can only wonder what the rest of you are coming up with. I can answer this one without giving away spoilers.

There is ONE trap that was specifically designed for the age. It's very obvious. There is a second area that is 'sort of' a trap, though not something that was planned out and designed with any real thought.

What is true is that there are at least 3 areas that I know of that have collision problems. Those aren't actually traps, they are mistakes. The noob was in a hurry to finish the age. My apologies. I can give this advice:

A. Please do not get too close to the rocket windows. Falling out of a moving rocket is hazardous to your fun.
B. Exit all sub-worlds through the doors, not the walls.
C. Do not try to climb any mountains. Collision has been turned off to improve age performance.

If anyone notices any more mistakes, please feel free to point them out (be gentle :) ). This is how I learn and improve.

One other thing - my technical advisor (Tachsuzamm) did advise me that I needed to re-build the colliders in the sub-worlds. I started to, but did a half-baked job because I was rushing to finish the age. I'll be working to correct these problems and will release an updated version in the not-too-distant future.
Last edited by Calena on Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Galatians 2: 20-21

"Don't mess with me today. I have my CAPS LOCK key and I know how to use it!"
Calena

Postby Calena » Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:07 pm

needmoremyst wrote:Ummm..... deerfly!!!!

Best hint ever! :lol:

Calena

Postby Calena » Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:03 pm

Calena wrote:
Rabenschwinge wrote:But, I do have a question - there was one part of the age I only could solve by cheating:

If I recall correctly, there was some type of warning about 'avoiding danger'. Oh, and another clue in the same area that you /might/ want to not go there :o . Thank goodness for Relto books ;) .

I'm wondering if anyone knows what's written on the wall. If you do, send me a PM. Thanks.

Edit: clarity

I haven't received any replies to this yet, so I'm adding a spoiler in case anyone is curious.

Show Spoiler

Calena

Postby Calam » Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:07 pm

Can we have a few screenshots of this Age?
Calam

Postby Calena » Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:57 pm

Calam wrote:Can we have a few screenshots of this Age?

This link is about two weeks late in answering, but screen shots of the age are posted in this thread: http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic. ... 63&start=0

It's also way past time I did something I should have done a long time ago, which is thank my team members. Although I probably did 95-97% of the actual work on this age myself, without the contributions of the other team members, it would only be half of what it ended up becoming.

Wamduskasapa - you're the man ;) . At one point, he promised I could tar and feather him if I would only take his suggestion. I can be a bit stubborn :oops: . Great ages are dead and lifeless without music and sfx to bring them to life. Personally, I think Wamduskasapa is the absolute best at what he does. He didn't just provide me with wave files, he sent dozens and dozens of them, giving me choices in not only the sounds, but file lengths to match animation lengths. The man worked his butt off. The most talented artist in the world is worthless if they won't work. W works (we shortened his name to W because it's too hard to keep typing it all out 8-) ). The best part was when I discovered he could write as well. That was a surprise bonus. We were thinking of things to put in the journal and he sent me a couple of paragraphs. I read those and immediately turned all the prose over to him. He's good, isn't he?

Tachsuzamm - I don't think anyone knew it, but Tach was helping us behind the scenes the entire time he was trying to get the Relativity house working and online. I think Tach is about the most organized person I've ever met. He's also one of the most helpful people imaginable. We wouldn't hear from him for long periods, then he'd pop in with the code, instructions on how to set it up, screen prints to explain everything and he even included a video on how to solve the rocket puzzle! I learned that not hearing from Tach means he's spending every free minute he has setting up and organizing everything so he can solve all of our problems.

Dustin - We all know Dustin is retired now, but before he left he gave us one last gift. Attainable rewards. This takes fan-created ages into a whole new dimension and opens up new worlds and possibilities. Thank you Dustin.

This all helped to prepare me for working with my newest partner. He took his first look at what I had built, complimented me on how nice it looked, then told me I'd have to change everything. That wasn't what he had in mind. I've been demoted to grunt worker! Usually this would take paying me lots and lots of money. Only my kid can get away with this on a hobby project. Maybe when he's done with me, I'll be ready to work on a bigger project where other people are calling the shots. Not quite there yet ;) .

I'm officially on Christmas break from building, so I'm being exceptionally chatty for me. If I disappear after the New Year and you wonder where I went - I'm building. It's what I like to do.

Calena

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion