google plus for age collaboration

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

google plus for age collaboration

Postby Metabasalt1 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:13 pm

ametist and I just tried google plus this morning and found it excellent for collaboration. The audio and video was clear and I have been told it can support more that two people at a time. We were also able to share a screen. So work that I was doing could be seen by ametist in Sweden and vica versa in real time with no lag. This is not remote access, we were just able to see each other as we worked. I can see this as helpful to someone wanting to learn blender or max from an expert on here or collaborate on a rad project. To use google plus, you add friends to a circle, and create a hangout.
Metabasalt1

Re: google plus for age collaboration

Postby terry » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:47 pm

This also goes great with there documents feature. You can also share a document and have multiple people edit it. They tried a product last year called wave, but it didn't catch on.
terry

Re: google plus for age collaboration

Postby Deledrius » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:19 pm

terry wrote:They tried a product last year called wave, but it didn't catch on.

It's really a shame, too. I loved using Wave for collaborative documents. Google Docs isn't bad, but it's much more traditionally linear. Wave needed more faith and more effort put into it, but I guess that all went to G+ instead.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Return to General Discussion