City 'age' proposal

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

Postby Tylinol » Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:53 pm

Here we go, this has been on my mind for a while. Might as well see if anyone else is interested.

What about creating an 'age' that's not really an age per se, but rather a small town in New Mexico. It would be an interesting twist to Uru, IMO. It could be a nice in-game in-character setting for storylines that might take place partly in a non-D'ni location.

I'm not sure what to call it yet, but here's the basic storyline:
[name] was an unknown backwater town in rural New Mexico. But since the modern rediscovery of D'ni, [name] has become a popular spot for explorers to buy food and water, as well as lodging and general modern neccessities.

But the citzens of [name], all 214 of them, aren't that enthusiastic about the strange new folk invading their ever-quiet community. The explorers have put a strain on the economy, and drawn unwanted attention to the town. Will the locals be able to accept their new reality as a link between the Surface and the Cavern, or reject the presence of explorers all together?

Who wants to come along for the ride?
Tylinol

Postby Gybryn » Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:47 am

Hey, that's a really good idea, I like it a lot!! I'm not sure that it's feasable right now with other projects. I'd rather see everyone work on one project at a time to get the best quality than many people work on many ages and possibly lose quality. But let's see how many could join in with this project, if there's enough interest then go for it! :)
Gybryn

Postby Nadnerb » Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:56 pm

This is a very interesting and unique idea. I like it, but I really don't know what kind of objections Cyan may or may not have regarding this. It depends on whether this would disrupt storyline options for them down the road, which is why most fan projects are set in other ages, allowing them to be totally seperate and less likely to interfere with Cyan's story. This is slightly more dangerous because it is set in a common location -age- here on earth, and has a much hiigher chance of affecting the Uru story more directly. If this is out of the area which they wish to go, then I'm all for it, since it is certaintly an interesting idea.
Live KI: 34914 MOULa KI: 23247 Gehn KI: 11588 Available Ages: TunnelDemo3, BoxAge, Odema
Nadnerb

Return to General Discussion