Fan Made Relto Pages

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

Re: Fan Made Relto Pages

Postby Karkadann » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:29 pm

Christopher wrote:In your Informationfile you have to change the first line from
"default=off;"
to
"default=unattained;".
Then you need a Pythonfile in the age where the page should be collected, which imports uam. You can activate the page with this line: "uam.EnableReltoPage("<insert pagename here>")"

Please excuse my ignorance but which python file am I using in this case
The Optimist see's the glass half full, The Pessimist see's the glass half empty.
Its the Realist who see's the glass is half full with air, half full with water
Karkadann

Postby diafero » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:23 am

Regarding the original problem: Atrion, please just install the Offline KI 3.7. Then everything should work.

@janaba: I don't see what the Minkata soccer field has got to do with Relto pages. Please stay on topic, or at least nearby ;-)
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Karkadann » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:52 am

OK I found a number drop down menu that go's from 1 too 100 on the Yeesha page python file, and 1 threw 26 of those seem to be Cyan Relto Pages

Do I need to edit the python file, if so how with what?

Also Do I still need to include the Python file with the age?
The Optimist see's the glass half full, The Pessimist see's the glass half empty.
Karkadann

Postby janaba » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:25 pm

@diafero ... This one was called 'page' by Karkadann and D'Lanor, so, for me as a layman,
this was just another page of one of the many by Karkadann, so this is at least very nearby,
I believe ... and hey, this all about having fun, not so? ... :D
janaba

Postby Karkadann » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:49 pm

Wow Good thing I had Uru CC on a BKF file, I just fried all my pythons trying to figure this one out

Any one some deep fried Snake
Karkadann

Postby diafero » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:50 pm

@Janaba: It's okay ;-) . Technically, it's not a relto page though. A "page" is also a technical term in Plasma, the rendering engine behind Uru, and means "part of an age that's stored within a single file". The prp file extension you wall know stands for "Plasma Resource Page" (or something similar), and it contains exactly one Plasma page.

@Karkadann: You should not have to edit any Python. After creating the descriptive .txt file for the page, everything is handled by the Offline KI or the UAM KI plugin.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Atrion » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:52 pm

with the new offline ki I now get 3 of the pages active in my relto book, but when activated they don't seem to do anything, and the others pages do not show up. Any suggestions?
-Atrion Darnay-
Atrion

Postby diafero » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:54 pm

You need to re-link after enabling the pages. Also, it might be a good idea to try and re-install them.

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Atrion » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:57 pm

diafero wrote:You need to re-link after enabling the pages. Also, it might be a good idea to try and re-install them.

I was re-linking after activating them, and I did delete and re-download all of them and still only achieved the results I listed above.
-Atrion Darnay-
Atrion

Postby Karkadann » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:43 pm

diafero wrote:@Karkadann: You should not have to edit any Python. After creating the descriptive .txt file for the page, everything is handled by the Offline KI or the UAM KI plugin.

yes thanks But I kinda get the feeling im not able to express myself sufficiently here, So Ill try again,

I found a Relto Page on a fan made age called R'Oshanhnin Korvahkhn
and I think a tutorial on how to add a Relto page to a age that puts something new on Relto
would be very beneficial for future ages Now I know how to add stuff to Relto island but
I do not know how to add a page to an age, which is why all my Relto Pages are just downloadable.

Does any one here know how its done?
Is it something that you guys would be willing to figure out?
Or is it just a mater of time before its figured out and I just hafta wait like the
threads on walkables http://forum.guildofwriters.org/viewtopic.php?f=93&t=5510
and climbables http://forum.guildofwriters.org/viewtopic.php?f=93&t=5490

that I inquired about earlier
Karkadann

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion