Fan Made Relto Pages

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

Re: Fan Made Relto Pages

Postby Wamduskasapa » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:48 pm

@ Karkadann
Dustin is the individual that figured out the how on our Relto Page for R'Oshanhnin Korvahkhn
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Postby Karkadann » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:55 pm

I know I have not heard back from him yet. He usually replies in one or two days its been almost two weeks, I had hoped someone else knew.
The Optimist see's the glass half full, The Pessimist see's the glass half empty.
Its the Realist who see's the glass is half full with air, half full with water
Karkadann

Postby Wamduskasapa » Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:27 pm

Karkadann wrote:I know I have not heard back from him yet. He usually replies in one or two days its been almost two weeks, I had hoped someone else knew.

You might contact Calena, she may have some ideas
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Postby diafero » Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:34 am

Argh, we are mixing two completely different threads in here (Atrion want to *use* custom Relto pages, Karkadann wants to *build* one). Could some mod please split the thread? This is getting confusing.

@Atrion:
Atrion wrote:I was re-linking after activating them, and I did delete and re-download all of them and still only achieved the results I listed above.

Everything is working fine here, and I need a way to reproduce this if I want to find the bug.
EDIT: I was just told that thee is an incompatibility between the UAM KI plugin and the Offline KI. Maybe that's also the reason for your problems. Could you try to remove the file "UruAgeManager.pak" from the Python folder of your Uru installation?
If that still does not help, please do the following:
- start Uru, create a new Avatar. Finish the cleft, collect the Relto book, then immediately quit the game
- start Uru again, open the Relto book, enable all the Relto pages you see, re-link. Check which pages actually work, quit the game
- email the "Python.0.elf" file from the "log" folder of your Uru installation to diafero AT arcor DOT de.
- tell me exactly which Relto pages you had installed, which were shown, and which were correctly enabled. Also, I need to know which files exist in the "img\UamRelto" folder.

@Karkadann: Have you been referred to http://dusty.homeunix.net/wiki/Dustin%2 ... e_Tutorial ? That should explain everything.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Karkadann » Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:11 pm

diafero wrote:Argh, we are mixing two completely different threads in here (Atrion want to *use* custom Relto pages, Karkadann wants to *build* one). Could some mod please split the thread? This is getting confusing.
@Karkadann: Have you been referred to http://dusty.homeunix.net/wiki/Dustin%2 ... e_Tutorial ? That should explain everything.

Unfortunatly the info I need is under the section where it sez

If you're using 3dsmax, please ignore this section!

Apparently The Relto Page in one of the new Fan Made ages was done in Blender, not Max, although I could be wrong Im hoping there is a way to do it in both

Thanks for pointing this out
The Optimist see's the glass half full, The Pessimist see's the glass half empty.
Karkadann

Postby diafero » Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:40 am

That page has a dedicated section explaining how to use Blender to create a Relto page - doesn't it work?

EDIT: Ah, I see. Your problem is not how to create a Relto page, just how to make it collectable from your age. That should be the part after "Making it attainable shouldn't be too hard". It explains everything you need, for Blender.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Calena » Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:00 am

Karkadann wrote:Wow Good thing I had Uru CC on a BKF file, I just fried all my pythons trying to figure this one out

Any one some deep fried Snake

I just read through Dustin's instructions for adding an attainable Yeesha page using the 3dsMax plug-in. He has posted detailed instructions for everything you need to do to create the clickable and the page. As he states, it's much simpler to do this using the Max plug-in than it is to do it with Blender and PyPRP.

You haven't stated whether you've created the clickable or if that's working. You need to do that first, then create and edit your age python file, then go from there. I suggest you re-read Dustin's age-building instructions, starting with "How can I script ages?"
Galatians 2: 20-21

"Don't mess with me today. I have my CAPS LOCK key and I know how to use it!"
Calena

Postby Karkadann » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:41 am

diafero wrote:@Karkadann: You should not have to edit any Python. After creating the descriptive .txt file for the page, everything is handled by the Offline KI or the UAM KI plugin.

Calena wrote: You haven't stated whether you've created the clickable or if that's working. You need to do that first, then create and edit your age python file, then go from there. I suggest you re-read Dustin's age-building instructions, starting with "How can I script ages?"

Thanks I'll go back and give it another try, I must have read something wrong.

Under Scripting Ages I have to choices

1)If you would like to work directly in 3dsmax without dealing with Python code, take a look at UamVars!
which has UamVar_Button, UamVar_LinkingBook, and UamVar_Journal

2)If you are experienced, and like to work directly with Python, take a look at the stable Uam Python functions: UAM/Python
Which has SetAgeChronicle and GetAgeChronicle, LinkToAge, PrintKiMessage, SetTimer, DisplayJournal and DisplayBook, DisplayLinkingBook, and the one I need EnableReltoPage.

Unfortunate I am not experienced in Python and chould not figure this out, I know their are a few ways of doing most things in Max I was hopping their was an easer way, something that my feeble little brain can understand, I can do Structures like MC Eschers Relativity, Stonehenge and the Walking Maze ext ext but the coding is a bit beyond me, and with my spelling and memory this should come as no surprise to anyone

But I'll give it another try
Karkadann

Postby diafero » Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:12 pm

You need only a very tiny Python script associated with the click handler, it's given on the wiki page. I attached it. Rename it to something similar to
YourAgeName_ReltoPageEnable
and then edit the file and change the parts within the [[ and ]]: The first one must *exactly* match the filename, the second one must be the name of your Relto page. The alcscript is given on the wiki page was well.

Under Scripting Ages I have to choices

1)If you would like to work directly in 3dsmax without dealing with Python code, take a look at UamVars!
which has UamVar_Button, UamVar_LinkingBook, and UamVar_Journal

2)If you are experienced, and like to work directly with Python, take a look at the stable Uam Python functions: UAM/Python
Which has SetAgeChronicle and GetAgeChronicle, LinkToAge, PrintKiMessage, SetTimer, DisplayJournal and DisplayBook, DisplayLinkingBook, and the one I need EnableReltoPage.

These are functions from the UAM KI plugin, which is unmaintained and should therefore not be used. They are also totally unnecessary (except for the EnableReltoPage) - if you need to write a Python script anway, they merely save you three lines of code. For linking books, I recommend using D'Lanor's book template (most of the book tutorials will link to it).
Attachments
collectReltoPage.py.zip
(1.56 KiB) Downloaded 222 times

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Karkadann » Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:43 pm

Thank you I'll give that a try.

Yeay It worked, thank you everyone, I tryed using the python file above, but for some reason it did not show up on the Dropdown list but all the messing around trying to get it to work got me thinking.
Why dont I try Hacking into RoshanhninKorvahkhn Python files and edit those, I didnt know what the rest of them where for but I got the one for the Yeesha page edited and working.

Thanks To everyone, Calena diafero for the inspiring my determination and everyone else here that helped

And Dustin, If your reading this, I couldn't have done it without you.
You know where to find me, Stop by any time.
Karkadann

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion