Copying Ages?

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

Copying Ages?

Postby cskid13 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:16 am

I want to make a copy of Kirel to play around with the textures without ruining my brother's Kirel. I tried to copy and rename the age files, but instead I corrupted the files. Is there any way I could safely copy some of my ages? I also want to be able to access both versions in one session, so that I can compare.

I think that Eder Delin looks good with steel blue fog, so I will probably make my own personal copy.
cskid13

Re: Copying Ages?

Postby diafero » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:36 am

You need to change the age filename and sequence prefix, to a combination you reserved for your use so that there are no conflicts. The filename is not only the name of the prp files, it is also stored within the files.
Sequence prefix registration is done at http://www.guildofwriters.org/wiki/TPOT ... e_Prefixes
For the actual change, Drizzle has some command-line commands which can do that. You can find the command-line interface in the "Advanced tab", on the "CommandLine" sub-tab. Naturally, it can also be called by invoking Drizzle from the command-line.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Return to General Discussion