Questions...

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

Questions...

Postby cskid13 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:01 pm

Is there any way I could find out more about hacking Uru Live?

Also, would it be possible to make a level 2 KI, or any hacked KI for that matter?

Also, I would like to make third and fourth spiral ages (Eder Gahrahno and Eder Nahtoka). Would it be possible to make Bevin chose between all four spiral ages?

Also, I would like to make a neighborhood with a different color scheme and different ages in the linking room (Possibly alternate versions of Eder Delin/Tsogal/Gahrahno/Nahtoka)?

Also, is there any way to access the Bahro Wedge code in case I want to make another journey?

Also... No, just kidding. Thanks to all with answers!
cskid13

Re: Questions...

Postby Deledrius » Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:04 pm

cskid13 wrote:Is there any way I could find out more about hacking Uru Live?
Also, would it be possible to make a level 2 KI, or any hacked KI for that matter?
Also, I would like to make third and fourth spiral ages (Eder Gahrahno and Eder Nahtoka). Would it be possible to make Bevin chose between all four spiral ages?
Also, I would like to make a neighborhood with a different color scheme and different ages in the linking room (Possibly alternate versions of Eder Delin/Tsogal/Gahrahno/Nahtoka)?
Also, is there any way to access the Bahro Wedge code in case I want to make another journey?

Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby cskid13 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:30 am

If I am correct,
-the there are three existing KI levels, Nano, Micro, and Normal, levels 0, 1, and 2 respectively.
-the Gahreesen dispenser dispenses a Normal KI, level 2.
-the green doors require level 2 or higher, if I understand the code correctly.
-the green doors therefore should open!

Am I missing something? Sorry, I don't know much Python.
cskid13

Postby Chacal » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:46 am

In Gahreesen, the doors that don't open with the KI are fake. They have never opened and there is nothing behind them.
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby cskid13 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:56 am

Chacal wrote:In Gahreesen, the doors that don't open with the KI are fake. They have never opened and there is nothing behind them.

Do you mean that the green doors don't have the door python code?
cskid13

Postby Branan » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:34 am

Correct. All they do is flash the "I'm locked" circle.

There's nothing behind them. They may have (at some point) been meant to go somewhere, but at this point we'll likely never see what those plans were.
Your friendly neighborhood shard admin
Branan
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Annabelle » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:22 pm

At the coding level, I think Branan answered very well and his more informed than me to do so.

On the visual level, there's a black marble textured floor when you fly by :D: jumping from a collision wall's top nearby to end up on the first floor below. You just go thru the decor! They, Cyan, might have planned something there, like they might have planned something in... (Oh wait...I ain't going there, the list will be infinite ;) :lol: )
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby Deledrius » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:43 pm

Annabelle wrote:like they might have planned something in... (Oh wait...I ain't going there, the list will be infinite ;)

Basically, yes... ;)
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Sirius » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:55 am

:lol: I wonder how many Ages are considered "complete" by Cyan. It might be a good idea to make a list of everything that got broken/not done...

Gahreesen's journal mentions Guard Lounge and Guard Lockers at the second floor. I'm pretty sure it has to do something with these locked doors. Hmmm, it could be fun opening those doors, even though there isn't much behind them.
Sirius

Postby dendwaler » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:09 am

Hmmm, it could be fun opening those doors, even though there isn't much behind them.

I am sure some of us will be able to add interesting content on those places in the future , when we have more building experience and more tools.
Just a matter of time.
Those wonderfull Worlds are called " Ages" , because that is what it takes to build one.

Watch my latest Video Or even better..... watch the Cathedral's Complete Walkthrough made by Suleika!
dendwaler

Next

Return to General Discussion