Time to Get it Started

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

Re: Time to Get it Started

Postby cskid13 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:32 am

The gazebo looks perfect. Are you planning to add rails to the decks?
cskid13

Postby Paradox » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:04 pm

cskid13 wrote:The gazebo looks perfect.

With apologies to Karkadann, I couldn't resist...
Show Spoiler
Paradox

Postby Karkadann » Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:40 am

@ Paradox: I kinda get that feeling to, unless You guys know something I don't? hopefully we can get someone to do the coding, I can do the structures but im a bit of a moron when it comes to coding. Although I do remember one of the guys here re-timed the door mechanism in the multi player puzzles If I can remember who....

@ Cskid13: I planed on leaving it open, but I can whip something up and we can see how it looks
Last edited by Karkadann on Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Optimist see's the glass half full, The Pessimist see's the glass half empty.
Its the Realist who see's the glass is half full with air, half full with water
Karkadann

Postby cskid13 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:32 am

Karkadann wrote:@ Paradox: I kinda get that feeling to, hopefully we can get someone to do the coding, I can do the structures but im a bit of a moron when it comes to coding. Although I do remember one of the guys here re-timed the door mechanism in the multi player puzzles If I can remember who....

@ Cskid13: I planed on leaving it open, but I can whip something up and we can see how it looks

Well, If you think it would look better that way, you can leave the rails off, although it might be good to have some on the back to keep the player from falling off the cliff behind the gazebo.

Also, I could be wrong, but I think it was Dustin (who retired) that redid the coding for the timed puzzle.
cskid13

Postby Sirius » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:01 pm

Dustin re-wrote these scripts for PotS to supplement some missing built-in functions, but the way the script works no longer allows you to use it for new Ages (or it would take a new release of the OfflineKI to do so).

However, making a new version which would be used only in your two Ages wouldn't be too complicated, and would allow modifying the time limit, as well as include new stuff. I already modified the script a few times to correct this and some other bug (the symbol being displayed on the door when you clicked on the cloth and not when your avatar touches it).
If I find some time I might try to adapt it for fan-ages. The hard part might be the Blender (or Max) PRP-wiring since I don't really know how to do that.
Sirius

Postby cskid13 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:16 pm

That would be great. As for the Offline KI, I would rather that these ages wouldn't require it to work.
cskid13

Postby Karkadann » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:47 pm

cskid13 wrote:
Karkadann wrote:@ Cskid13: I planed on leaving it open, but I can whip something up and we can see how it looks

Well, If you think it would look better that way, you can leave the rails off, although it might be good to have some on the back to keep the player from falling off the cliff behind the gazebo.

A Cliff??? Oh I get it Gahrahno is on a plateau, Ok that makes sense,
as far as the rails instead of rails
Show Spoiler
Last edited by Karkadann on Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Optimist see's the glass half full, The Pessimist see's the glass half empty.
Its the Realist who see's the glass is half full with air, half full with water
Karkadann

Postby cskid13 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:56 pm

Karkadann wrote:A Cliff??? Oh I get it Gahrahno is on a plateau, Ok that makes sense

Kind of... It is on a peninsula. I will draw an Isometric view without any structures.
cskid13

Postby cskid13 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:35 pm

Excellent. Soon we will be able to move on to Phase 3.
cskid13

Postby cskid13 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:31 pm

I made a rock. Soon I will be making more.
cskid13

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion