Time to Get it Started

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

Re: Time to Get it Started

Postby Karkadann » Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:24 am

I can set most of it up if need be, however, the door is a python file, and although I can set up simple prewritten python files this one is a bit beyond me.
I have looked and have not found the python for the door, if it needs to be written there are some highly skilled people here who can write a python for this age its just a mater of who is willing.
in addition from what I understand the python writers may need to use blender for their end of the age, which is why I need to know what file would be the best one to export the age in, and should I start doing the physics and textures myself before exporting or should I export it first and have somebody do them in blender
The Optimist see's the glass half full, The Pessimist see's the glass half empty.
Its the Realist who see's the glass is half full with air, half full with water
Karkadann

Postby Rhee » Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:34 pm

Yeah, i will get some textures for you for sure... but I also need more information... If all you want me to do is sort through existing textures available online and pass them on, then I can do that, but if you want new, strategically selected/created textures, I need something more specific than a description like "brass texture". Do you want corroded? Polished? Discoloured from being touched by countless hands? Dusty? With reflections? Without? For use on a flat plane (wall), an angular formation (flooring grate), or a rounded shape(post or railing)? These are the things I need to know. The more information you can give me to begin with, the more accurate I can be with the textures you are asking for.

I'll do my best to track down what you are looking for as soon as you ask for it, but my life is hella busy right now, between building a new house, spring work on the farm, and delivering a baby in about 2 months. There might be a few days wait time now and then ;)
MOULa 2.0: Rhee - 1544785 Gehn Shard: Rhee - 16214

No bahro were harmed or enslaved in the making of this Age.
Rhee

Postby Karkadann » Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:17 pm

I can hunt down the texture's thats not the problem, what we need is some one to texture the age. in the mean time the age seems to have hit a wall, we still need someone to do the coding/python the actual texturing and a few other odds and ends. I originally planed on doing the Meshes and then passing it on to texturing, lighting, coder, music story line, ext ext, however people are buzzy and this sort of thing does take time. and the python for this age is not an easy one. So, all in good time.

Their are a lot of very talented people in the Reference List of Writers we just hafta get some of them interested, in the mean time I can finish up the meshes for Gahrahno and hand it off to the next person when we have all the people we need to complete the age. Then I can start on the second one.

Good things come to those who wait
Last edited by Karkadann on Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Optimist see's the glass half full, The Pessimist see's the glass half empty.
Karkadann

Postby cskid13 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:51 pm

You can hand Gahrahno off to me when you finish it. It could be saved as a 3ds file without exporting, because blender can import 3ds files.
cskid13

Postby Rhee » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:57 am

Ah i getcha. Yeah, i'm quite inexperienced in actually applying textures so far, especially in a format that actually exports! Plus I don't have 3DSMax, only Blender 2.61. Sorry! But when you have a texturer, and if they need any custom textures, I will definitely help out.

I could possibly do a bit of music for you if you need, but i don't know how far down the line that is.
MOULa 2.0: Rhee - 1544785 Gehn Shard: Rhee - 16214

No bahro were harmed or enslaved in the making of this Age.
Rhee

Postby Karkadann » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:14 pm

Im no expert either, I can export it in a file Blender Can read thats not a problem. we still need someone to do the textures, and the Coding and a few other details. I was hoping this would be a community project. I guess we just have to wait for some other people from the community to pull together and join in.

in the mean time I have an up date to the walking maze
Karkadann

Postby cskid13 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:10 am

Sorry, I'm kind of busy now, but I'll PM some people to see if they'd be willing to help with texturing and coding.
cskid13

Postby cskid13 » Tue May 08, 2012 2:30 pm

I am currently looking for any ages with amazing textures. I hope to PM the texturers of these ages about joining this project. Do any such ages come to mind?
cskid13

Postby cskid13 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:08 am

I am reviving this project!
cskid13

Postby Karkadann » Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:37 pm

I may have some extra time on my hands soon and I got most of my files recovered from my die-ing hard drive the only one I have to redo (that I know of so far) is page 301 for some reason several of my png files did not make it
Karkadann

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion