the D'ni, the DRC, and us

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

the D'ni, the DRC, and us

Postby Justintime9 » Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:32 am

I've noticed in various places, people have Ideas for ages... that have to do with the d'ni, and they look like wonderful ages that I'd very much want to create... but we're not the DRC. We write ages, not find old d'ni ages and release them. We need to write new ages. Watson said in his speech: "It grows Increasingly unlikely that anything is going to be found in an age the D'ni have or had access to (meaning something to stop the bahro war), and so we are going to need new ages at this point. There are some among the explorers that may eventually assist in that regard, and that is the direction I believe we must take." Pleese don't come up with great Ideas for "D'ni made ages" we can't... or we shouldn't make them. I hope I don't sound like some fanatic, but i just don't want this Guild to go in the wrong direction.
Justintime9

Re: the D'ni, the DRC, and us

Postby Kedri » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:36 pm

It's fine, Justin. :)

My two ages, I've written myself, so I have no problem. :D But I do know a few ages that people say are from the D'ni. I think, though, that those ages could be easily rewritten to be user-made.
Kedri: Modeller and writer. KI# 72427
ImageImageImage
NaNoWriMo '07!
Kedri

Re: the D'ni, the DRC, and us

Postby BAD » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:31 pm

At this point (being unofficial) we are not making ages for MO;UL, so it is not outside of our scope to do ages based on the D'ni.

When (if?) Cyan accepts us as the official Guild of Writers, they may lay down some ground rules about what we can and can not create.

My opinion is that we will be able to make D'ni based ages, but they will be much much harder to get accepted for MO;UL. You are right that ages of completely original design will most likely be preferred, but I would not stifle anyones creativity until we have to cross that bridge. ;)
BAD is as good as he gets
BAD

Return to General Discussion