regions

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

Postby Branan » Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:24 pm

I've almost got the GUI written, and I've got a few questions before I decide its done, and realize I have to re-write the whole thing :P

I was wondering if, by just setting alctype to 'region', and prpregion to whatever region type, the exporter will properly handle all the col_flags that are needed to make that region work. That is, I don't need to set any of them.

The other question is similar. For a couple of the region settings that I do support (one of them, really, but who's counting), I need to change col_flags4. The two settings used are 00000004 and 00000804. Do any of the region types use col_flags4 for anything? Would setting it like this break any region types due to over-riding the required setting?

Once those are answered, the script it just about ready. I need to finish up a couple more things, but it's definately getting there.
Your friendly neighborhood shard admin
Branan
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Trylon » Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:18 pm

The exporter sets everything to the default known good values for the specified region type. If you do set variables like col_flags4, the setting you put in there overrides the default settings. So to get the default settings you don't need to set any of them!

as to the colflags4=00000804 - I don't know what region type uses the 0x0000800 flag,
but the only way to be sure that it doesn't break is to try it out ;)
One day I ran through the cleft for the fiftieth time, and found that uru held no peace for me anymore.
Trylon

Postby Branan » Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:30 am

nothing does... That's the kSuppress flag. That's one I know can be toggled by a script, so it's used for 'start disabled'.

I was more worried about one that requires a flag that I've forced to zero by using that flag setting...
Your friendly neighborhood shard admin
Branan
Gehn Shard Admin

Return to General Discussion