Enhancing Wiki Tutorials

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

Re: Enhancing Wiki Tutorials

Postby diafero » Mon May 28, 2012 2:53 am

Concerning the PyPRP articles however, which can currently only target the 2.4x Blender series, the images should be mostly accurate, from all I know.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Lyrositor » Mon May 28, 2012 5:03 am

Okay, you can follow my progress for the Getting Started article here, see if anything is really out-of-date or factually incorrect:
http://lyros.ath.cx/wiki/PyPRP:Getting_Started
Lyrositor
Explorer #16601888
Lyrositor
Director of Wiki Operations

Postby diafero » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:33 am

I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Lyrositor » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:03 pm

This looks good! :D I would only make a few changes:
1. Add the Tutorial template to Explorer Tutorials.
2. Add a Category:Offline KI to all the Offline KI pages, since there are quite a few now.
3. Find an alternative to the green spoilers. Please. I've never liked them, and I doubt I ever will. Maybe a collapsible class, like for the Mediawiki tables, with a spoiler alert on top?
I'm sorry I haven't been working a whole lot. I've been busy finding a better way to update my shard, backporting a few changes to OU.org and updating the gow-forum-theme repo, as well as few secret (and not-so-secret) GoMe projects ;) . However, I'm mostly done with these, and I've only got one last thing to take care of. Afterwards, I should be able to resume my tutorial work (I'm particularly anxious to add ease of navigation to the wiki). I'll get back to PyPRP:Getting Started soon.
Lyrositor
Explorer #16601888
Lyrositor

Postby diafero » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:53 am

1. Add the Tutorial template to Explorer Tutorials.
done

2. Add a Category:Offline KI to all the Offline KI pages, since there are quite a few now.
Some of them are going to be replaced by redirects when I am sure that the new pages are actually an improvement. Redirects are needed since these pages are linked to in dozens of posts and so on.
In the end, only 5 pages will be left: The ones above, the main page, and the changelog page.

3. Find an alternative to the green spoilers. Please. I've never liked them, and I doubt I ever will. Maybe a collapsible class, like for the Mediawiki tables, with a spoiler alert on top?
How can this be done? I don't want tons of custom HTML code in the page (let alone JavaScript...).
Feel free to make it more visually pleasing if you have a good idea.

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Lyrositor » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:10 am

I've replaced the tutorial template with a collapsible property; it needs to be fine-tuned a bit, but IMO, it already looks far less jarring then a big green block.
Lyrositor
Explorer #16601888
Lyrositor

Postby diafero » Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:14 am

Yeah, that's much better, thanks :D
Do you think that a category is justified for 5 pages?

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Lyrositor » Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:54 am

Hmm... If it's just 5 pages, I think we don't need one. We'll see if it expands. ;)
Lyrositor
Explorer #16601888
Lyrositor

Postby diafero » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:52 am

I updated the links on the Offline KI main page, so I think I'm done. The translations are still outdated though, but that's not only true for the Offline KI... ;-)

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Lyrositor » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:39 am

I doubt many explorers use the translations (unless the German community is a LOT more active than the French community).
I've also ported the beginning of my work on PyPRP:Getting Started. Getting there, getting there. ;)
Lyrositor
Explorer #16601888
Lyrositor

Previous

Return to General Discussion