Volcanoes, check it out.

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

Re: Volcanoes, check it out.

Postby Karkadann » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:48 am

Does the Unreal's game engine have anything like the Age Creation in Uru that you can recommend?
The Optimist see's the glass half full, The Pessimist see's the glass half empty.
Its the Realist who see's the glass is half full with air, half full with water
Karkadann

Re: Volcanoes, check it out.

Postby andylegate » Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:46 pm

Not like you're thinking. The Unreal SDK or UDK (that's what it's users call it), is really for making your very own game.

Artist wise, it's a lot easier to use, and much more powerful to me. Programming and scripts wise.......UDK scripting is like Java scripting. Not impossible to learn, but if you've never messed with it, or Java, it can be very hard.

If you just want to mess around, extend your knowledge, or just try something different for a while, then I'd recommended it.

But if you're happy with Uru (Plasma), and enjoy making things for it, then keep working in it. You have people here that not only will help, but you all have a actual game environment already built, and a multiplayer one at that!

The UDK community.....well they are very, very helpful in learning......but it's pretty much everyone one has their own projects they are working on (including paid ones), so it's a lot harder to recruit help.

So you might want to save your serious work here, and just dabble in UDK just for doing something different once in a while. Or Unity (all though you have to pay for the Pro version). Unity is pretty cool, and in many ways is a bit more like building for Plasma.
"I'm still trying to find the plKey for Crud!"
Blender Age Creation Tutorials
3DS Max Age Creation Tutorials
andylegate

Previous

Return to General Discussion