a silly request..but here it is

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

a silly request..but here it is

Postby karoh » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:51 am

ok...I'm really new to the shard idea and am trying to figure it out. Is there any beginner's explaination of what the shard is and how to use it? Does it have ages that are open to members to play? If so, how do i download them, or do they appear available when you enter TOC?
karoh
karoh

Re: a silly request..but here it is

Postby Jogi » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:20 am

I think a look into "How many shards? Features of the various shards?" might answer most of your questions. :!:
Jogi

Postby Luna » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:25 am

There was a really good article on all the shards and the differences in the last Cavern Post http://www.guildofmessengers.com/en/con ... st-issue-2

*shameless plug*
Code: Select all
long longestTimeWithoutPlayingMoula = (new Date()) - (new Date(2014, 9, 26));
Luna

Postby Branan » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:02 am

This is not a Gehn-specific topic, but is more about the entire Uru "ecosystem". As such, I've moved it off to General Discussion.
Your friendly neighborhood shard admin
Branan
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby karoh » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:22 am

Luna, thanks for the link to a really helpful article. I misunderstood all that has been discussed about shards. I thought they were connected into the TOC, thus I thought this shard was as well. That said, if I try to download what I need to run the ages from this shard and have any questions, do I post my questions in the General Discussions , or is there a special place for help?
karoh
karoh

Postby johnsojc » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:51 am

As long as you have an up-to-date installation of MOULa, running the Gehn installer from here should get you running with no problem. Your login credentials for Gehn are the same as your forum login. If you are running Norton AV, you may have to disable Antivirus Auto-protect while installing Gehn... SONAR will stop the install and delete the installer.

All of the different shards I've tried require you to have Cyan's MOULa shard installed (for the files that the other shards are prohibited from disributing).
johnsojc

Postby karoh » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:07 am

Hi john, I've downloaded the installer. Now What is the next step? Is there a webpage I should go to in order to run the extra ages?
karoh
karoh

Postby johnsojc » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:16 am

Ummm... I think you are confusing what works on what shard. There are currently no extra ages except for one that is already present on Gehn (vothol, I think). The OpenURU shard, Minkata has no additional ages that I know of. That other cave has two online versions... MOUL and tPots. I stopped going there so I can't say much about it... stability problems. There is an (ahem) update to the offline Pots game that lets you add ages, but there is no online version that lets you add ages.

Someone feel free to add, correct, or admonish me. :)
johnsojc

Postby karoh » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:42 am

Sorry, I didn't word my question very well. How do i access vothol? Where do I find it? wait...I'll go back to Luna's article and see what step I've missed. Thanks
:D
karoh

Postby johnsojc » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:52 am

I believe Vothol is listed in the nexus. (checking....) gah! SONAR is killing my login.... retraining Norton... yes, it's under city links.
johnsojc

Return to General Discussion