"Memories of the Cavern" Article

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

"Memories of the Cavern" Article

Postby Nev'yn » Fri May 04, 2012 2:36 pm

“I am neither an Athenian, nor a Greek, but a citizen of the whole world.” -Socrates

Shorah and salutations, fellow cavern-folk!

The Guild of Messengers are currently seeking personal stories from various community members. These stories will be woven into “tapestry” article to commemorate the anniversary week's theme of “Memories of the Cavern”. Efforts will be made to include as many explorers' tales as possible.

The stories we are seeking include not only occurrences from the anniversary week itself, but also memorable times from Uru's various incarnations down the present time. They can happy/sad/what-not, but it is hoped by sharing such moments, a sense of community will be fostered within all the cavern's denizens.

We cannot promise to use all the stories. Perhaps someday, either the GoMe site or some other place, will hold “public blog” for all to contribute such thoughts or insights in the cavern's current events through their personal experiences. Until then, perhaps this article will be the first “small step” towards such a future.

Please join us in such sharing by emailing your stories to: cavernpost@guildofmessengers.com

Alternatively, you can simply send me a PM here on these forums. GoMe looks forward to hearing from you!

Safe journeys, everyone!!!

-Nev'yn [/quote]

(Nevyn's Note: I'm not offended if this thread gets moved, I couldn't exactly decide the best place to post it....)
KI# 14883206 | "The truth speaks for itself, I am just the messenger." -Lyta Alexander
(Note: Any comments or opinions, taken whole or in part, are mine and do not reflect the stance of GoMe.)
Nev'yn

Re: "Memories of the Cavern" Article

Postby Sirius » Sat May 05, 2012 11:11 am

I think you could find memories from Until Uru and the D'mala era in the D'mala Memory Book (don't know why it's in the "tool" folder though). It contains stories (as Slider's cone story, if I remember correctly), comments by Uru players, events (St Patrick's Day, Spoken Word Night, Up On The Roof, etc).

I think this should be roughly what you are looking for, right ?
Sirius

Re: "Memories of the Cavern" Article

Postby Nev'yn » Mon May 07, 2012 5:08 pm

@Sirius: Yes, this will make very good "reference" material. I'm hoping members of the community will also step forward and share some stories. It could be something simple, like just a paragraph about what Uru means to them. Perhaps others will write something more complex...A story about a time they were in the cavern and something important happened. Or, share some of the great times they had in the cavern...Like for me, Lord Chaos' opera night where I met Church/Lynnutte. It could be a veteren player talking about the good time they had hanging out with the ResEng during the old orientation sessions. Maybe something sad...Like who they were with when the cavern closed...Thing like that. You know, the important memories.
KI# 14883206 | "The truth speaks for itself, I am just the messenger." -Lyta Alexander
(Note: Any comments or opinions, taken whole or in part, are mine and do not reflect the stance of GoMe.)
Nev'yn

Return to General Discussion