Myst V: Tiwah

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

Re: Myst V: Tiwah

Postby Annabelle » Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:40 pm

PeterC wrote
While you're at it, why not add Myst V's Myst Island?

You mean this Island...

It's already there ;) . You just need to find (on offline install with drizzle or on an alcugs shard (DI, UAM, TOC TPoTS)) the proper D'ni-K'veer and you will be served.
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby Sirius » Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:54 am

If you mean linking there, then as Annabelle said you just need to convert it.
About fixing the Age... well, except the lever that breaks when you drag it, and the lightning striking the tower, there is not much else that would worth it (except a few broken sound regions).

I forgot to say, but I've got Noloben's rain working fine (quite nice), AND Laki'Ahn's sandstorm as well. I have to say Laki'Ahn is the Age I like the least, but these sandstorms are really stunning. Unfortunately some other things are really broken (the pedestal elevator in the arena, for instance, or the Pirahna bird. We won't be chasing the poor lad anytime soon). I've done a bit of work in Tahgira but got bored. Todelmer is...... disappointing. Even after all the fixes I added to it, most of it is still broken. Direbo: well, the pedestals are a bit tricky to fix, because of SDL-instancing incompatible with PotS, and a Python script that is shared with all other four Ages. I also wanted to have a look at the Urwin, but was too lazy to do so.

Side-note: I was thinking about supplementing missing Bahros by buddies online. So you would have to solve these puzzles together. Could be fun. Offline it would still be solvable of course. Some other mechanisms, such as the Slate special powers (Environment Effect, they call it), could be half-random (rain in my Noloben falls every few minutes).

And I added a few pictures on my Photobucket album. Nothing more than what you can see in Myst V though.
Sirius

Postby TGMChrist » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:32 am

I make it to try. ;)

I don't know the point with the UOF. things can you make a download with the complete data from you to Zip.?
TGMChrist ;)
Code: Select all
A3'9ur4
TGMChrist

Postby Sirius » Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:13 pm

Unfortunately, I can't post the full files, because this means I would also release most of the 3D models and textures from the game - which we are not allowed to.
These UOF files don't contain any model or texture, just some clickables and logic stuff which are barely 5% of each files, so while it's not completely legal, neither Cyan nor Ubisoft will care.
(Cyan doesn't mind as long as we don't push the limits too far, so better be safe than sorry. As for Ubisoft... well, who knows what they think.)

But yeah, it's a bit of a pain to install. I was working on a one-click solution to patch all these files, but then stopped to take care of other things, and more or less forgot it. I'll probably work on it again when the mood hits me, but it might be some time.
Sirius

Postby TGMChrist » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:22 am

How can i make this with the one click with the UOF. data?
TGMChrist ;)
A3'9ur4
TGMChrist

Postby Sirius » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:47 am

As I said, you can't yet because I'm working on it. For now, UOFs are the only way.
Sirius

Postby TGMChrist » Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:20 am

It's hard for me HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(
TGMChrist ;)
A3'9ur4
TGMChrist

Postby Sirius » Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:08 am

Oh good. Let me unearth my crystal ball and magic wand and I'll fix it for ya.
Sorry if that sounds rude, but how do you expect me to help you ? I have *absolutely* NO IDEA what you need help with :?

Look, this community is full of different people with different knowledge levels when it comes to hacking games, and for most of them English isn't their native language (me included). So it's obvious my instructions may not be easy to understand for everyone here.

The thing is, I'm trying to help people when that's not enough. That is, I'm trying to make sense of the billions of 0's and 1's sitting on computers of people I barely know, half a world away. I could just forget it and get back to doing something more fun, like, anything. Except I don't, just because I like to make strangers happy.

So try and be a bit more specific, ok ? For instance, where do you need help ? Is it with the UOFs ? Is there a specific part of the instructions you don't understand ?
Sirius

Postby Dulcamara » Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:13 am

Hallo Sirius :)
its nice to see that you want help stranded people :lol:
i think i know what his problem is.

You wrote in your Instructions: Now, here comes the hard part.
You must download PRPShop (can be downloaded with PlasmaShop on the GoW).
Then, using PRPShop, you must open the files beginning by "DescentMystV_District_" in the DAT folder with the same name as the folder in "UOF".
You select the page name, right click on it and select "Import". Choose all the .uof files in the folder, and import them. Save the file, and do the same with the next one.
For instance, you can find the "dsntGreatShaftBalcony" folder. Open "dat/DescentMystV_District_dsntGreatShaftBalcony.prp". Import all the .uof files in the "dsntGreatShaftBalcony" folder.

I have the same problem because in my PRPShop a right click is not possible. Maybe i have an older version but i do not know where i can download the newest version.
Dulcamara

Postby cskid13 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:14 am

Dulcamara wrote:Hallo Sirius :)
its nice to see that you want help stranded people :lol:
i think i know what his problem is.

You wrote in your Instructions: Now, here comes the hard part.
You must download PRPShop (can be downloaded with PlasmaShop on the GoW).
Then, using PRPShop, you must open the files beginning by "DescentMystV_District_" in the DAT folder with the same name as the folder in "UOF".
You select the page name, right click on it and select "Import". Choose all the .uof files in the folder, and import them. Save the file, and do the same with the next one.
For instance, you can find the "dsntGreatShaftBalcony" folder. Open "dat/DescentMystV_District_dsntGreatShaftBalcony.prp". Import all the .uof files in the "dsntGreatShaftBalcony" folder.

I have the same problem because in my PRPShop a right click is not possible. Maybe i have an older version but i do not know where i can download the newest version.

Have you tried ctrl-clicking? Sometimes that helps.

Otherwise, I would love to know where I could get a newer version as well, because I can't replace textures in mine.
cskid13

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion