Where are all the Ages?

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

Postby Robert The Rebuilder » Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:37 am

Someone get this man a journal forum - quick!

Electroglyph: try PM'ing Myridean or J'anim Paedet with your request for a journal.
Can we rebuild it? Yes, we can - here's how.

MOULagain KI# 1299

Myst Movie coming soon - spread the word!
Robert The Rebuilder

Postby Besharen » Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:20 pm

I guess I probably have a responsibility to respond to this topic...

Basically, I've been very busy since school started and I haven't had time to do anything really. Not just with school work, but I'm doing a lot of other extracurricular activities as well. I'm part of the cross country running team at school so we have practice everyday after school. I had a race yesterday and I've now qualified for the provincials (yes!) so I'm enjoying it.

But then when I get home from running, I have all my school work to do at night. It's leaving me pretty exhausted. I'm also part of a film festival with my school, which I'm making a website for. And I'm playing soccer. And I'm volunteering. And on and on. As a result I don't have very much time for this project at the moment. I haven't lost interest - I still want to make ages! It's just that right now "real life" is getting in the way. I DO still read about 90% of the post being made, I just don't have time to respond to them. So I'm still keeping updated with the project.

Anyway, hopefully this Christmas break I'll have time to do some actual work on the project.

Good luck to all,
B.
Besharen

Postby J'anim Paedet » Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:29 pm

[quote="Robert The Rebuilder"] Someone get this man a journal forum - quick!

Electroglyph: try PM'ing Myridean or J'anim Paedet with your request for a journal.

I'll set one up right away.

Good luck with your new Age, Electroglyph!
J'anim Paedet

Postby Tylinol » Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:48 pm

I got hung up with a blown up graphics card and Blender sluggishness in Vista. But now all of my projects are in active development again. It's funny, because ERI and PRI are basically done, and I made huge progress on RI two months ago. But I didn't really post updates, because all of the WIP shots looked sort of sloppy :D .

My other projects are coming along nicely as well. New Mexico town is getting the full benefits of some nice new features in blender 2.42b, including Uv mapping from view, meaning that I can put a lot more texture detail into objects with far less work.
Tylinol

Postby zib_redlektab » Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:27 am

I have done absolutely no work on Galamay, Gilo, or my shells since late June. :)

And I've basically given up on UAM since ULM is way better... :unsure:

As soon as i can buy a numpad for my laptop i'll start working on my ages again. B)
Lurker extraordinaire!
http://www.zibland.com
zib_redlektab

Postby Mystified Explorer » Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:32 pm

I haven't booted up Blender in weeks now. I might do more stuff after my exams tho :)
Mystified Explorer

Postby Trylon » Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:48 pm

[quote="zib_redlektab"] And I've basically given up on UAM since ULM is way better... :unsure:

Zib, is that also the reason why I cannot access your age mirror?

Unfortunately at the moment, I also use that mirrors for ULM ages atm.

Or is there another reason why I can't connect?
One day I ran through the cleft for the fiftieth time, and found that uru held no peace for me anymore.
Trylon

Postby Aloys » Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:55 pm

I have done absolutely no work on Galamay, Gilo, or my shells since late June. :)
That's great news! :D Wait.. ha.. you almost had me with that smiley... :P

It's funny how it seems everyone was very enthusiast this summer, and how for the last weeks it has all essentially died out. :o On the 'Age' side of things at least.. On the plugin side somehow it's been totally the opposite. :blink:

I think we need something to motivate everyone again. A new Age or an update to an existing Age.. Something like... Ahra Pahts!! (har har.. :P)

I started working on new courtyards, decorations for existing areas, and other things (Robert, your texture is on its way ;) ). There are still some bugs that I can't manage to fix, but I'm totally tired of those right now, and this Age needs something new; so something new is coming. :)
Aloys

Postby Trylon » Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:18 pm

And in case you didn't notice, there is a new version of Niveerah for download in ULM ;)
One day I ran through the cleft for the fiftieth time, and found that uru held no peace for me anymore.
Trylon

Postby Branan » Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:34 pm

I think the big killer has been schoolwork. Things might pick up a bit during Christmas break, if people aren't too busy enjoying Live.
Your friendly neighborhood shard admin
Branan
Gehn Shard Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion