What are the compatibility issues between Max and Blender

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

What are the compatibility issues between Max and Blender

Postby Karkadann » Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:05 am

I was going to try and get a few of my ages published for a MOULa shard and Matthomb had volunteered to help me for which I am grateful however he is in Blender and I am In Max.
I was gonna try passing the age back and forth in a compatible file but fear I am gonna havta strip the components off so he can work on it and then add the components later.
I know how to do structures and im pretty good in texture but lighting seems to frustrate me to no end which is why they all have universal lighting.
My codding and python skills are rather limited and limited to Max but I do know the basics

So before I ask him to start working on my age I need to know if something like this is feasible and some one is intersted.

Also he asked me for some help in codding unfortunately again he as with so many others here are on Blender and I am on Max and I do not know what I can do other then Load his age up in Max and work on it from their..
I hated to keep him hanging for so long but I needed to know if the Gehn shard is interested in the Walking maze, and although my inquiry may have seemed a bit questionable
I kinda got the impression that they are still working on getting the Game working and an additional fan age more complex then the ones they have may slow the ongoing progress of squashing the remaining bugs.

I would still like to get a community age going but all attempts have been met with failure I understand people would rather work alone and some personalities do tend to clash at times
but either way I still feel some of the best ages are a collaborations.
I believe some of the first fan made ages where a collaboration and they are still some of the best.

thats it for now
Thanks
The Optimist see's the glass half full, The Pessimist see's the glass half empty.
Its the Realist who see's the glass is half full with air, half full with water
Karkadann

Return to General Discussion