Uru Re-imagined: Food for thought

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

Re: Uru Re-imagined: Food for thought

Postby Wamduskasapa » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:58 pm

Karkadann wrote:they all sound good but instead of violents we could have
competition where the factions get together and compete with one another we have the Garrison wall a soccer field for Minkata
and a few other odds and ends people could get together and use nothing but their wits and problem solving skills

Now That I Like

Don't forget the Heek Table
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Postby kaelisebonrai » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:37 am

Uru and Myst, historically have been /far/ from non-violent, someone has already given the examples of the Brothers...

What about rose and wheely? killed while the players were there - and essentially having their deaths described to the players as exceptionally brutal.

Saavedro, far from non-violent.

Esher, also far from non-violent.

Gehn can even /shoot/ the player.

Personally, rather than another re-hash of Uru, I'd /love/ to see a Pento War MMO. Still in the cavern and the ages, but a little different. ^__^

GW2 gives a fairly good representation of a way to do wonderful dynamic events - pity uru never delivered on the original promises of dynamic ages. =/ There was a lot of promise, etc - but in the end, DIRT would've been a better thing to release, than Uru.

EDIT: and... as for the re-imagining - I've never seen the real desire to rid the game of instancing - I understand and agree with nuking it from canon, the fact that it was ever included is a huge wtf moment for me and others, but beyond that, Uru is a game, and I've never had instancing cause any problems with suspension of disbelief before, in anything else, so... All in all, this seems to be a design based on the particulars of the Uru community's weirdness, rather than good game design.

It feels shoehorned - feels like its trying to appeal specifically to the more odd tastes of the present uru community, rather than taking any thoughts on things that would work in reality. Uru had a lot of good ideas - but it also had a lot of terrible ones.

It had *potential*, most of the great things about it - were things we never saw (or things never completed). *shrugs* As for the Moeity, I have no idea why you're trying to shoe-horn them in... Well, other than visiting Tay. That's almost a good enough reason, mind you. =P

And... I believe with that, I'm going to get shanked by this community, woo!
kaelisebonrai

Postby Karkadann » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:36 am

I think what we mean is its none violent what you try to accomplish is using your brain to solve puzzles instead of killing every thing that is not on your team and winning a war

The story behind the Myst saga is rather dysfunctional and the dysfunctional nature of the family and the story is responsible for the violence not the player
The Optimist see's the glass half full, The Pessimist see's the glass half empty.
Its the Realist who see's the glass is half full with air, half full with water
Karkadann

Previous

Return to General Discussion