Movingmoving URU offline from Win XP to a new Win 7 computer

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

Re: Movingmoving URU offline from Win XP to a new Win 7 comp

Postby hhhenry » Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:31 pm

Tried replacing the current file with the one from the old computer - no change

Also, I'm missing both cleft books -- I have both Sever prisons and Myst library but no clefts. Thats the only book missing
hhhenry

Postby Sirius » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:34 am

The Cleft book is managed by the file SDL/Personal.sdl as well... And SDLs are highly buggy when you switch from a version to another. I had the same bug some time ago, when restoring an old game file.

Hmmm... Let's do it the worse possible way.

I assume you are using the Offline-KI.
Just type in the chat field:

/setsdl psnlBahroWedge[number] 1
for instance: "/setsdl psnlBahroWedge07 1" (mind the 0 before numbers below 10)
Enter number from 1 to 13.

/setsdl psnlCalendarStone[number] 1
for instance: "/setsdl psnlCalendarStone07 1" (mind the 0 before numbers below 10)
Enter number from 1 to 12.

This will re-enable the bahro wedges and calendar stones. Make sure you don't re-enable something you didn't find yet (to disable it, enter a 0 instead of the 1)

For Yeesha pages:
/setsdl YeeshaPage[number] 1
for instance: "/setsdl YeeshaPage7 1" (this time there isn't a 0 before numbers below 10)
Enter number from 1 to 26.

This won't work for every pages - hopefully it will do for most of them. IMO you should rather recollect them 1 by 1.

You'll have to re-link to see changes.
Sirius

Postby hhhenry » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:03 pm

very inconsistent results
I got yeesha pages 6 7 and 10 all others variable not found
I got calendarstone 7 othere "don't know how"
In my book in addition to drizzle pages, I had already put in the butterflies, lushrelto, and musicplayer -- would those just happen to be 6 7 and 10?
After I got 6 7 10 in, I went back to the book and so no additions
Perhaps coppying my old SDL file over the new installation was a bad idea???
hhhenry

Postby Sirius » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:44 am

It seems the way we're trying to modify the SDL is not compatible with the way Yeesha Pages work. First time I see such thing. Maybe two instances of the Relto SDL are used by the SDL (do anyone know if it could be the case ? the script uses ptVault.getPsnlAgeSDL().findVar(sdlvar).setInt(value). I was using PtGetAgeSDL()[varname] = (value,) ).

Anyway, forgot to add:
/setsdl CleftVisited 1

hhhenry wrote:I got calendarstone 7 othere "don't know how"
Do you mean the Offline-KI prints "Don't know how to /setsdl [name] 1" ? This is usually the case when there is a typo in the command... otherwise I'm not sure what the issue is.
Sirius

Postby hhhenry » Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:48 am

Surprising how many ways you can mistype a command - takes me back to Dos3.2 days -- why we went to windows and mice
So I changed all the calendars (still don't know what they are) a bunch of Yeesha pages, the frist 4 stone rings, exited the game, returned

no changes in the game at all - no new pages in my book, no rings
hhhenry

Postby Sirius » Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:27 pm

The calendar is one of Yeesha's Pages... if you don't know what they are, it is better to leave the variables at 0.

It seems the Relto SDL isn't the same depending of how you access it - in our case, we're modifying variables but the script handling Yeesha pages doesn't read them from the same file.
Unfortunately I have no clue about why it does that, so unless anyone else knows how to do it, there is pretty much nothing to do :(
Sirius

Postby hhhenry » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:45 pm

It's getting worse. I took back and gave back all the Bahro pillars, jumped thru the crack, listened to Yeesha, got the cleft book (got the rain page)
but
neither the cleft I arrived at, nor the rainy cleft, nor returning to the dry cleft did I find either Yheesha page nor even the fire pit and chair where one is. Perhaps this is because I installed from the CDs??
This is not what I would call a successful transfer from one computer to the other at all!!!
hhhenry

Postby Sirius » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:36 pm

This is a MOUL content... Are you sure you converted Myst online with Drizzle ? It doesn't only convert the ages, but also small parts of the ages such as the Cleft firepit.
Sirius

Postby diafero » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:11 am

Indeed there are two Relto SDLs: The one you get with PtGetAgeSDL() is the "current age state", it's stored in the .sav file. And the one you can access via the vault, from any age - which is supposed to be kept in sync (which happens, e.g., in UU or MOUL), but the offline game does not do that. That's the one used for Relto pages since you can collect them anywhere.
Offline KI has /setpsnlsdl for exactly that reason :)
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby hhhenry » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:31 pm

Before reading your posts, remembered that drizzle conversion, executed it, went back to look

Nope - neither rainy nor dry Looked again at drizzle It helps if you convert to the correct pots folder. That fixed it (but no sparks)
I am starting to just pickup all the pages etc. So far, the conversion is definitely a partial failure.

I think the reason Diafero's simple solution never worked was that on my old computer, I put program files in the E partition. On the new computer, in C where they normally go. So the references in the transferred files would be wrong.
hhhenry

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion