ICEWORLD (after Somewhere)

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

ICEWORLD (after Somewhere)

Postby denost2 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:52 pm

I decide today I have completed the Age ICEWORLD.
Hard decision.
So many things could be done to improve and increase it.

Link to obtain the Age : http://www.sendspace.com/file/u4lafx

Note: Folder sfx contains sound files for Somewhere, Dream and Iceworld
denost2

Re: ICEWORLD (after Somewhere)

Postby janaba » Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:54 pm

Looks promising, thank you, denost2 ... :P

I wonder how I can get out 'there' without fly mode, you know what I mean, but it is late here, so,
I don't have time to explore anyway atm ... Then I tried the way to say 'No', yeah, you know what
happened and here I am back again lol ... Yah, looks cool so far ... :D
janaba

Postby gabriml » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:34 pm

/ s p a w n
Mark Gabrielson
Gehn KI#: 28638
-----------------------
John Three Sixteen
gabriml

Postby Annabelle » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:02 pm

Denost,

I thought of the whole picture and here what I propose you:

You ask us if we will be using flymode or not. If we do cooperate, we have access to the first room containing the first puzzle. If not, we cannot enter. That's a good thing if we play offline. The main issue online is that we cannot access the fly mode so that question becomes rather irrelevant.

I understand that you want to protect the integrity of your puzzles inside your age doing this. One possible avenue you can do is to lock your age.

Locking your age (that could be implemented in Somewhere as well too):
You have to ask Diafero for that. He will put some coding so it will prevent any explorer of using the /jump and the /spawn command. This way you can ensure your age cannot be solved with cheating (at least common cheating like /jump command). There are already many examples of those ages, the 2 that comes in my mind are Sonavio and Adrael.

Overall impression of Iceworld:

I was already familiar with that age since almost 2 years now as you offered the first & second drafts to the french community. It has been improved greatly and I already made great lengths and got lost too. This age is huge. There's no lag issue like we can feel in Somewhere which is a good improvement. I reached a place where there are seats with "title names" (not to spoil anything here...) and a screen telling a story of 7 days. I wonder if that's all. Anyway, I still have some locks unlocked.
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby gabriml » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:09 pm

I downloaded it and unzipped it. I guess you just copy the files into the specific folders. But how do you make a book to access it? Do you use the chat command '/bookshelf 3 Iceworld'?

I normally use Drizzle or Deep Is. so I may have to wait for Diafero to do his stuff.

I was wondering if Somewhere needed a change also since the link to Iceworld is located there. Somewhere's linking chamber still abruptly says 'End of exploration' and 'Iceworld out of order'.
Mark Gabrielson
Gehn KI#: 28638
-----------------------
John Three Sixteen
gabriml

Postby janaba » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:37 am

I didn't think of the /spawn command yesterday, maybe it was too late already lol, thanks gabriml,
I didn't want to cheat though, maybe that's why too, I thought there must be another way ... :P

As of the age access, you can just access the age in the Nexus unless you prefer to link to it
through a book on your Relto shelf ... I'm using Drizzle offline btw ... :)
janaba

Postby dendwaler » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:41 am

I'm using Drizzle offline btw ...

In that case, from anywhere you can use the command :
/link iceworld
Those wonderfull Worlds are called " Ages" , because that is what it takes to build one.

Watch my latest Video Or even better..... watch the Cathedral's Complete Walkthrough made by Suleika!
dendwaler

Postby janaba » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:14 am

Yes, that's what I'm always doing when the name of the age is as easy as this one 'Iceworld' e.g.
and matches the dat folder file name, but when you agree with the 'Yes' button you land inside that
staircase/bits and bytes binary numbered building and I didn't find a way yet to get out of it, but I
also didn't try really hard as I've told above, with not much time at hand yesterday I just wanted to
have a quick first impression ... So, as Annabelle suggested there must be a puzzle to solve to get
out of that building, right or not? ... lol ... :P
janaba

Postby Karkadann » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:36 pm

gabriml wrote:. But how do you make a book to access it? Do you use the chat command '/bookshelf 3 Iceworld'?'.

I had a similar question a while back, Diafero pointed me to the Adding a book to the shelf on the Wiki Page, I personally find it easer to edit the ULMServerLinkBook.inf File in WordPad, apparently the "/Bookshelf ## fan age" command don't work to good on the later versions of the offline KI.
The Optimist see's the glass half full, The Pessimist see's the glass half empty.
Its the Realist who see's the glass is half full with air, half full with water
Karkadann

Postby Annabelle » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:34 pm

janaba wrote:Yes, that's what I'm always doing when the name of the age is as easy as this one 'Iceworld' e.g.
and matches the dat folder file name, but when you agree with the 'Yes' button you land inside that
staircase/bits and bytes binary numbered building and I didn't find a way yet to get out of it, but I
also didn't try really hard as I've told above, with not much time at hand yesterday I just wanted to
have a quick first impression ... So, as Annabelle suggested there must be a puzzle to solve to get
out of that building, right or not? ... lol ... :P

yes there is a puzzle to solve to get out of that building :), you have to be very patient for that first one... Once solved, you will be in a huge world with hidden maze complexes and flying devices. To avoid the first building WITHOUT cheating, you can always try one of the links near the linking spot in the black area. You need to go thru the Nexus link though.

EDIT: Silly me :lol: -----> "To avoid the first building WITHOUT cheating, you can always try one of the links near the linking spot in the black area. You need to go thru the Nexus link though."

That's only working IF you solve the first puzzle and can explore the world to register linking points. I don't even have all of them register yet! I tested it with a testing avatar and she doesn't have the links as my main avatar has.
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Next

Return to General Discussion