ICEWORLD (after Somewhere)

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

Re: ICEWORLD (after Somewhere)

Postby Karkadann » Thu May 08, 2014 12:33 pm

a plane mesh in plasma acts a bit weird from time to time, depending on what kind of component you have on it, for instance a plane mesh depending on the terrain setting it has may extend beyond the mesh itself producing a unintentional proxy terrain.
or using them at an angle like for a stair case or ramp it has to be set to exact which uses up more resources. For stairs or a ramp if I need a proxy terrain I usually use a box set to an angle and have the terrain component set to hull. A plane with one face set to exact or a box with six faces set to hull six of one and a half a dozen of the other
The Optimist see's the glass half full, The Pessimist see's the glass half empty.
Its the Realist who see's the glass is half full with air, half full with water
Karkadann

Postby denost2 » Fri May 09, 2014 1:15 am

Regarding a possible swim region, keep in mind that Somewhere has a hidden swim region that one can discover by falling through some of the "holes" on the surface. I don't think it's an intentional part of the Age, though perhaps it's a continuation of one of the surface swim regions...

In SOMEWHERE all areas can be visited by finding REAL passages OR/AND solving some enigma.
Some imperfections allow to reach places by UNOFFICIAL way. OK, but generally that means the complete solution of SOMEWHERE is not found.
In addition it could happen some areas will be never discovered.
denost2

Postby zftm » Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:58 am

My friends and I are enjoying Iceworld and have thoroughly enjoyed Somewhere! We find that we are having a difficult time getting into the age as it keeps crashing, however after up to 5 attempts all 3 of us are able to get in, and it is well worth it.

We are having trouble with the blue tower door puzzle. Is there a link to a walkthrough, we have found the hint in the "hidden green room," but we are still struggling with the solution.

Flat spot on one side of my head. (LOL)

Great game, great puzzles.

Thank you anyone for your help. : )

After this post my buddies and I figured out the door puzzle. Thank you anyway anyone that would have helped. It took my friends MANY (somewhere around 20) attempts to get into the age today (Sept. 5, 2014).
zftm
zftm

Postby Annabelle » Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:30 pm

Hi ztfm!

Welcome to DI. I'm sure I know the other 2 "friends of yours" ;) as well. If you have some struggle with Iceworld, I'm inviting you to read through my "walkthrough&journal" called: "In Search of Gary's Whereabouts", see 2nd link below. You can also get 5 wonderful "skydiver quests" on the same link 8-) . The skydiving on DI (URU:CC) is different from what you learned on MOULa, nevertheless it's worthy and you can discover many stuff and have many hours of enjoyment that I could show you(...if only I could finish my videos...)

Some interesting links:

http://forum.guildofwriters.org/viewtopic.php?f=111&t=6278 you can go through this whole topic, it's about Somewhere & Iceworld.

http://forum.guildofwriters.org/viewtopic.php?f=72&t=6260 This is the description of my 1st Journey "In Search of Gary's Whereabouts"

It might be a little hard to follow me here... my intend is to make you discover URU:CC throughout many journeys... (texts, quests, videos, etc...) It's a very big project and quite frankly, you must be ready to wait... :lol:
Right now I published that 1st Journey and the video called "Journeys inside URU: Part 1", that's it!
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby janaba » Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:55 am

Annabelle, this walkthrough is absolutely awesome, I've downloaded it even when you've posted it last year, but it didn't came to me when I was working on the documents this week ... :P

When I'm looking for information or a thread for an age I'm entering the age name and sometimes the author into the advanced search, but I didn't think of 'Gary' lol ... very nice ... :lol:

Ok, I'm glad that I decided to integrate this invaluable walkthrough link to the PDFs, to Iceworld and Somewhere, as those are really ages appreciated by many for the great and extensive adventure, and there is much to explore and figure out etc., I am uploading the new files as I write, I won't add this to my other topic because of just one link to two places lol, and what I also want to point out or just mention here, for the fun of it, is that I 'accidentally', of course you all know there are no coincidences lol, yeah I've realized by glancing through it all again test-wise that the links to the newly added 'Oohlbahnneea' age maps had all gone, O_o ... :geek:

So, I've gladly added those again too before too many would download the files, maybe even because of those lol ... :)
janaba

Postby Annabelle » Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:46 am

Wonderful! I hope your work & mine all together will help many explorers on their journeys in fan ages!
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby zftm » Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:50 am

Annabelle thank you so much for the links. I missed them previously. Yes, you do know my 2 friends. The 3 of us are awe inspired by you wonderful pdf walkthrough. Of course we have only looked at the first part as we have completed Somewhere.
Thank you again,
zftm, and her 2 friends : )
zftm

Postby janaba » Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:59 am

Annabelle wrote:Wonderful! I hope your work & mine all together will help many explorers on their journeys in fan ages!

Nicely said, a beautiful blessing ... and yes, so be it ... :)
janaba

Previous

Return to General Discussion