ICEWORLD (after Somewhere)

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

Re: ICEWORLD (after Somewhere)

Postby Annabelle » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:10 am

Ainia wrote:Shorah denost2,

Many thanks for your update. I've installed it and am finding the improvements work very nicely indeed! My nexus linking panels are now making much more sense (no blank books or repeated panel images). :D

I'm trying to figure out if there are parts of the Age that I just haven't figured out properly or if something isn't working right, so I'll spoiler the next bits:

The hut Show Spoiler

See my spoiler:

Show Spoiler
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby Ainia » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:35 pm

Shorah again,

Thanks for the tip Annabelle. It sounds like you are referring to the two drawings in the hut with the colored dots? I think I already understand what they are showing. I'm just not sure what the button behind the hut gate does; I can hear it do something (make the sound of a heavy metal door opening/closing) but I haven't been able to find anything in the Age that has changed as a result. I'm not sure how many times by now I've toggled that button and then searched everything I could find in the Age to see what changed. So far, nothing....

denost2, I have even more feedback for you! :D In order to check all the buttons in the Age without losing my current progress (so I could try to figure out if everything is working correctly as a result of me originally not playing the game as intended/designed), I replayed Iceworld with a different avatar, doing everything in the correct order. There were several thoughts I wanted to pass on to you as a result:

Show Spoiler

I am appreciating and enjoying your work very much! I'm especially glad for all your safety precautions (all the railings that keep me from falling down), and how you allow us to jump down safely from very great heights (instead of reltoing out). Thanks for all your hard work!! :D :D
ImageImage
Ainia

Postby denost2 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:35 am

Happy to give pleasure to explorers.
Attention : some informations below risk to provide real spoiling details

Show Spoiler
denost2

Postby diafero » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:39 pm

The update is now available on DI and UAM.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby dtierce » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:54 pm

Yea! I finally got to the end of IceWorld and saw the Jhibli meeting agenda. Now I need to wait around for the actual meeting. Good thing they left coffee and sandwiches downstairs. I'll pass on the smokes.

I'm impressed by your creation. You have obviously put all the lessons you learned from Somewhere into IceWorld. The finale' was both surprising and pleasing. (I did not expect to board the spaceship in that way.) I also thought the level of difficulty progressed just about right.

Thanks, Denost. I hope you continue writing so that we may all get to enjoy another of your creations.

David Tierce
MOULa-KI: 15763576
GEHN-KI: 00022090
DI-KI: 00145074
dtierce

Postby Jogi » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:05 am

I have explored Iceworld with a lot of joy. Both thumbs up, denost. Finally again an Age with really enough buttons to press -- Rocks! :)
I also like the conception of being able to reach the important places without long marches after you have visited these places on foot.
The fact that the graphic appearance is not always perfect at some places is understandable in this huge and vast Age. -- Who cares? 8-)

To be able to enjoy Iceworld even better, I have setup URU CC to a user-defined screen resolution. Out of the proposals here in this forums about wide-screen for Uru I have decided for the following solution:

• Set up screen resolution in "dev_mode.dat" with PlasmaShop to 1350 x 875 in windowed mode (this appears to be a good compromise between 4:3 and 16:9 on my 1600x900 monitor without warped display too much)
  • Made "dev_mode.dat" write protected so UruSetup cannot put it back to defaults.
  • Playing URU and ignoring error messages concerning graphics setup at start.

Many thanks to everybody!
Jogi

Postby denost2 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:40 am

Happy to see Iceworld provides pleasure to explorers.

I started a new creation but I am not able to provide any date, title etc....

Surprise.
denost2

Postby Ainia » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:59 pm

Shorah denost2,

Many thanks to you for your responses to my thoughts (and apologies that I haven't responded to your answers earlier)! I'll spoiler the details just in case...

Show Spoiler

I'm very glad to hear you are hard at work on your new project. Many kudos and warm wishes to you!! :D
ImageImage
Ainia

Postby Insulaner » Sat May 04, 2013 12:23 am

in Iceworld I come no a step further, because I do not found solution for the first puzzle, to leave the buildung without flymode. Someone please give me the solution for the first puzzle, thank you.
Insulaner

Postby dtierce » Sat May 04, 2013 11:23 pm

Insulaner wrote:in Iceworld I come no a step further, because I do not found solution for the first puzzle, to leave the buildung without flymode. Someone please give me the solution for the first puzzle, thank you.
I think you are referring to the building with walls covered in binary numbers (ones and zeros).

I'll try to give the smallest of hints...

Watch the lines that travel over the walls.

David Tierce
MOULa-KI: 15763576
GEHN-KI: 00022090
DI-KI: 00145074
dtierce

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion