Does Any One Know?

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

Does Any One Know?

Postby Karkadann » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:25 am

Does any one know where a file called uru_age.ogg came from, what thread I can find it on, who created it, or if any one has used it yet?
If I remember correctly the Music would have sounded perfect for a project I'm working on, but I seemed to have lost its original location,

Thanks
The Optimist see's the glass half full, The Pessimist see's the glass half empty.
Its the Realist who see's the glass is half full with air, half full with water
Karkadann

Re: Does Any One Know?

Postby Charura » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:15 pm

Karkadann wrote:"When you eliminate all other possibilities, what remains, no matter how improbable, must be the solution."
Sherlock Holmes

Sorry I have no idea..but I thought it funny in your sig..
Gehn Shard avvies: charura 10827 chickopee 142711 cannon belle 144577 char gearz 149794 teri dactyl 153077
Moul(a) Charura 55400 Chickopee 20089892 Cannon Belle 13686512 Char Gearz 706359 Teri Dactyl 12658065
Charura

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:05 pm

viewtopic.php?p=60239#p60239

(I had to search the database to find the attachment, then lookup the post... Google was not helpful, for once.)
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby Karkadann » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:54 pm

Thanks Adam Now the Next question Does Dendwaler plan on using it in the Mayan Style temple he is working on, or does any one else plan on using it?
I think it would sound good in a small mysterious Cavern I'v been working on if MusicallyInspired don't mind, although I'm gonna hafta convert it to Mono to save room.

A screw up I made with one of my ages, that no one mentioned, the the first few versions included a stereo sound file, which can use up a a lot of room.
The last update had the same sound file in mono and it made such a huge difference that the last update including the new additions was smaller then its previous versions.
The Optimist see's the glass half full, The Pessimist see's the glass half empty.
Karkadann

Postby dendwaler » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:09 am

Karkadann,
Reread also page 2 of the same trhread.
There i already stated, i will not use it because Pojibonzai already composed some beautifull music for the temple age.
With additional sfx files taillared to the age.
But i read Tweek got permission to use it in his age , which he got together with an altered version of the same soundfile.
Those wonderfull Worlds are called " Ages" , because that is what it takes to build one.

Watch my latest Video Or even better..... watch the Cathedral's Complete Walkthrough made by Suleika!
dendwaler

Postby Tweek » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:34 am

Yep I'm using it in Kehrahn for a crystal forest like location.
Beneath - IC Blog.
Beneath: Ages of Tweek - FB Age Dev Page.
Tweek

Postby Karkadann » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:24 am

OK then thanks for telling me. , I thought it would be a nice addition to one of my projects but I was not sure if any one used it, or if its still available.
I'm glade I asked.
Karkadann

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:14 pm

IIRC Kerahn is an age Tweek is making for his wife that may not be released to the public. I think you could probably get away with using it.... Assuming you get the composer's permission, of course.

Sent from my HTC DROID DNA using Tapatalk 2
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby Tweek » Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:37 am

Kehrahn will be released, wife gave me the ok long ago. I've just had a lot on my plate lately with a new job and I have several Age projects in rotation (should have a new build of Fahets out soon) with my attention focused on Kehrahn, Fahets and Cass.
Beneath - IC Blog.
Beneath: Ages of Tweek - FB Age Dev Page.
Tweek

Postby Karkadann » Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:06 pm

Im lucky I had a back up plan
It would have fit perfectly, but if your gonna use it I can always find something different.
again thanks for the heads up. and good luck with your age Tweek
Karkadann

Next

Return to General Discussion