Getting Started

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

Getting Started

Postby Dovahn » Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:42 am

I think we all agree that there is going to be (and always will be) a huge surge of ideas and concept art for ages. Whether this is because it's "easier" to do is beyond the scope of this topic, but I suggest that we need to find some way of managing these ideas.

Ideally and eventually I think there should be a "project" database, in which users can submit ideas or something like that, but for now we need some sort of process for moving ideas to the next level (for now, that probably means CC). The sooner we get building these ages, the better chance we have to put our foot down on GoW turf (if you know what I mean). This isn't going to happen until we make it happen.

I digressed somewhere in there, but I'm basically getting to: we should start doing something, and we need to decide what. We need to be the Guild of Writers! Who's with me? *Rallying cry*

Dovahn

EDIT: Okay, I reread that and decided that it was a bit vague. (I'm kind of out of it right now). Basically all I'm trying to say is that we should start discussing what our first project is.
Dovahn

Re: Getting Started

Postby BAD » Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:55 am

I agree that we should begin work as fast as possible, but we must be cautious with how we proceed.

I believe we should agree on some basic rules for developments, and build this forum into a place where we can work easily.

Once we are organized, then we can begin building things.
BAD is as good as he gets
BAD

Postby James L » Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:09 am

When people think of a big first project, they often seem to think of impressive graphics or visuals. I ask you, however: what was the best part of Revelation? The way Haven impressed us with its link-in over the ship? Or the way it made you feel long after you completed and walked away from it. I think I speak for all writers when I say 'story matters'. And not just story: the way an age is put together (and portrayed) emotionally. We are artists, after all.

Just something to remember when charging into this whole-heartedly with no real respect for what you're doing. I'm not saying anyone is going to do that, this is merely a reminder. Otherwise, go for it! *agreeing cry* :D
James Leslie, Guild of Writers
And so, I close, realising that perhaps the ending has not yet been written.
- Atrus
James L

Postby Dovahn » Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:27 am

Oh, I agree completely. I just am afraid that more of the same will occur: all talk and no work. Planning is good, but planning for the planning can get a bit pedantic.

I also agree on the significance of storyline, and, since our visual skills might still be developing, we should try to create as interesting a story as possible (as always, of course).

Dovahn
Dovahn

Postby Justintime9 » Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:15 am

well, i already posted Concept art and my Ideas for an age, in Artists, so u might wanna look at that
/me hopes his Idea becomes the 1st project :D
Justintime9

Postby Dovahn » Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:38 pm

Basically, if a mass of creative people essentially threw up into this forum, it would be an excelent starting point. :P

Justin, I saw your ideas and they look cool! I'll certainly respond in that topic when I get around to it. And I think it's great that we're already making ideas. This is the first step.

Dovahn
Dovahn

Return to General Discussion