Unable to link to Eder Delin and Eder Tsogal from Bevin

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

Unable to link to Eder Delin and Eder Tsogal from Bevin

Postby Muffhead » Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:40 am

Dear All,

I am a newcomer to this forum and would like some help. I recently installed Uru Complete Chronicles and then installed Drizzle30 UAM, adding all the fan Ages using the new server from http://www.the-deep-island.de.

After completing Uru Prime and going to Bevin for the first time, both Eder Delin and Eder Tsogal are unable to be linked to - both having the same error message below:

xLinkMgr: The age with file name "EderTsogal" (or "EderTsogal") is not available on your PC or on this Shard.

Attached is a screenshot.

Please advise how to troubleshoot.
Attachments
Error.jpg
Error.jpg (76.95 KiB) Viewed 7450 times
Muffhead

Re: Unable to link to Eder Delin and Eder Tsogal from Bevin

Postby Jogi » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:42 am

My CC-version is from GOG.com.

I never made the effort to find out whether the unavailable Ages (Delin, Tsogal, Minkata and Jalak) are a matter of "Complete Chronicles" in general or whether it concerns only my version from "GOG.com". Since I possess a CD-version of "Uru: Ages Beyond Myst" plus expansion pack "The Path of the Shell" also, it was never a problem to me.

Maybe somebody else does know more precise details about this absence and which versions are concerned?
Jogi

Postby Karkadann » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:21 am

I cant be sure but I believe those age's are from MOULa and havta be converted, and added to Uru CC. Im more of an Age Writer then a explorer or ..........programer, the info should be on this site someplace or perhaps some one here can fill you in on the details.

I think the info your looking for is here

Edit to add :D

Check this out
The Optimist see's the glass half full, The Pessimist see's the glass half empty.
Its the Realist who see's the glass is half full with air, half full with water
Karkadann

Postby Acorn » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:56 am

Karkadann wrote:I cant be sure but I believe those age's are from MOULa and havta be converted, and added to Uru CC. Im more of an Age Writer then a explorer or ..........programer, the info should be on this site someplace or perhaps some one here can fill you in on the details.

I think the info your looking for is here

Edit to add :D

Check this out

Thanks to Muffhead for this thread and to Karkadann for this tip, I was like Jogi and hadn't really bothered about it but now it's fixed! Hooray!

But does anyone know, are the sparklies disabled?
Acorn

Postby diafero » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:47 pm

@Muffhead: If I understand you correctly, you are playing the game offline? And you used the DI UAM to isntall fan-ages? In this case this is the wrong sibfourm - this forum is about the Deep Island Shard, which you can play online and meet your friends on. I'll move the topic to general discussion as we do not have a UAM-specific forum.

@Acorn: In theory, the sparklies should be fully automatic, both offline and online. The current one should be enabled, all the other ones disabled.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Jogi » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:27 pm

Wow! What a surprise!
I fancied genuinely that the unavailable Ages are from my CD-version expansion pack. But as I have looked up now I have detected that the relevant Ages were created one day after my actual Uru installation. That was when I converted them with Drizzle. I have forgotten this completely!

You hit the mark with your timid ;) information, Karkadann! Thanks from me, too.
Jogi

Postby Acorn » Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:30 pm

diafero wrote:@Acorn: In theory, the sparklies should be fully automatic, both offline and online. The current one should be enabled, all the other ones disabled.

found it - thanks! :)
Acorn

Postby Muffhead » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:04 am

Thanks to all for your replies and help.

As some background, have been an URU fan from many years ago, when it was first released on CD (followed by the expansion packs of TD and PotS) and the subsequent Myst Online. After years of hibernation recently reinstalled the GOG version of URU CC and then the fan ages through Drizzle UAM and the updated server website: http://www.the-deep-island.de. Originally had thought it were an issue with the UAM, however completely forgot about the necessity of having MOUL installed before being able to link to Eder Delin and Eder Tsogal. Thanks.

Pleased to learn that MOUL is back in action after all these years! Will give it a go.

@Karkadann - thanks for the tip. After installing MOUL and running Drizzle UAM, the links for Eder Delin and Eder Tsogal seem to work in Uru offline.

@diafero- yes, trying everything offline at this stage (internet is not too fast in Indonesia for online gaming), and thanks for moving this post to the general forum.

It is going to take me some time to catch up where you guys are...
Muffhead

Postby diafero » Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:56 am

Glad you got it working :)

@diafero- yes, trying everything offline at this stage (internet is not too fast in Indonesia for online gaming), and thanks for moving this post to the general forum.
Once the updates are installed, Uru does not need much bandwidth, so it would be worth a try. Also, you may be the first Indonesian user on my Shard :D
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Annabelle » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:30 am

@ acorn: playing offline, you have all the power in your hands... meaning you can play with time ;) Usually I'm unlocking all the areas where the sparklies are then I collect them one by one in a matter of minutes. Be sure to play with time backward unless you want a superior "God" to bother you aka antivirus software (you advance time only once let me tell you :lol: )
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Next

Return to General Discussion