The Writer's Pub: Renovation?

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

Re: The Writer's Pub: Renovation?

Postby Nev'yn » Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:32 pm

[quote="Hoikas''] Also, let us please not hardcode any more hacks into the game python (I've spent a significant portion of my time trying to eradicate hacks like that). We have SDL show/hide scripts and shards that we can change the SDL files on. Let's do that. [/quote]

Sorry for the confusion...

...Remember, for me they're both "techno-magic". I'm not sure the difference or even how they work.

Anyway, the contest is a good idea.
KI# 14883206 | "The truth speaks for itself, I am just the messenger." -Lyta Alexander
(Note: Any comments or opinions, taken whole or in part, are mine and do not reflect the stance of GoMe.)
Nev'yn

Postby GPNMilano » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:22 am

Tsar Hoikas wrote: Also, let us please not hardcode any more hacks into the game python (I've spent a significant portion of my time trying to eradicate hacks like that). We have SDL show/hide scripts and shards that we can change the SDL files on. Let's do that ;)

Whatever way you would want to do it would require altering the python scripts for the hood to either page the prp in, or turn it on via SDL. Both ways require reading the vault's name of the hood however so that stuff is turned on ONLY in a Guild hood.
You can't stop the truth. IC Blog
GPNMilano

Postby Nev'yn » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:38 am

Ok, so I was thinking about this earlier...What about adding a page in the classroom about listing the webpages of the various guilds/groups...

...(Or something similar to the pubs?)...

...That way if frees up one post on the imager in the hoods/pubs?

Also, what about adding a quick "'welcome letter" to the Relto bookshelf?
(The one below is a bit to "spoilerish" in my opinion, but is one currently being passed out in the cavern.)

Any thoughts about such improvements?

Welcome to Uru Live! You begin the game in Relto, your private Age. As you progress you will find Relto pages, which add new decorations and scenery to your Relto. Relto pages add things like trees, grass, flowers, sun and moons, and much more.

Open the door to your hut, and you will find two bookshelves and a wardrobe cabinet. The bookshelf to the left of the wardrobe is where you will add linking books to new Ages and adventures. When you begin, it has just one book that takes you to your home neighborhood in the city of D'ni.

Go to your neighborhood, and follow the directions to the classroom to learn about KI devices. Across from the classroom is a linking book library, and the book on the left end of the wall takes you to the place you can get your KI.

Use your Relto book to go back to Relto, and go outside. In the yard in front of your hut is a pillar with a hand drawn on it. Click on the hand symbol, and it will open to reveal a linking book to the Cleft, a place in the New Mexico desert.

The Cleft is the start of your first adventure. Go to the right-hand side of the extinct volcano and talk to Jeff Zandi. He will tell you what you need to do there. There are three Relto pages to be found around the Cleft, so be careful to search everywhere. Once you've solved the Cleft's mysteries, there will be more pillars in your Relto yard. The Ages they link you to may be solved in any order.

Your KI device allows you to use the Nexus books you'll find scattered across the Ages. Nexus will take you to a number of places where are more linking books, such as the museum, the great library, and the watcher's pub.

The Nexus can take you to Ae'gura island, the administrative center of the city of D'ni, and to publicly accessible neighborhoods. You'll almost always find other players on Ae'gura, and in the neighborhoods. If you need assistance, most will be happy to help you. Just ask!

Good luck and have fun!
KI# 14883206 | "The truth speaks for itself, I am just the messenger." -Lyta Alexander
(Note: Any comments or opinions, taken whole or in part, are mine and do not reflect the stance of GoMe.)
Nev'yn

Postby janaba » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:24 am

I have to agree here with you, Nev'yn, this is absolutely too spoilerish IMHO, it is almost like a walkthrough lol ... but maybe times have changed and new explorers prefer this kind of guidance and hand-holding ... :D
janaba

Postby Afalstein » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:35 am

Yes, I think we'd better leave the relto alone. I like the idea of adding a page with the websites to the classroom, and of replacing the central fountain with a LARGE imager.

Should I shoot Cyan a message to see if they'd be okay with us developing an alternate "hood" for them to use, or should we just go ahead and present it to them later? And just to be clear, are we thinking of one model for all the guild hoods, or creating different modifications for each guild? (we would at least need different shirts, but maybe some color changes would be in order also.)
Afalstein

Postby Nev'yn » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:40 am

Editing my idea above...

So instead of the welcome letter, (which could still be placed in the classroom), why not put a page with the opening sequence written out on the Relto bookshelf?

It's a minor change which allows for continuity in the story, shows a change of the most basic Age in game with "new content", resolves a licensing/legal issue, and is a good stepping stone to future such changes.

But, maybe I'm just babbling crazy-talk here.
Nev'yn

Postby Tweek » Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:07 pm

I may have a solution to the GoW Pub issue;

Still very much a WIP, should have some better images later in the week. Half built have photoshop mockup to give a slight idea.
Beneath - IC Blog.
Beneath: Ages of Tweek - FB Age Dev Page.
Tweek

Postby Wamduskasapa » Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:17 pm

Tweek it may be a WIP - BUT most of what I see is GREAT and would be a worthy addition...
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Postby Deledrius » Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:13 pm

Tweek wrote:I may have a solution to the GoW Pub issue;

Still very much a WIP, should have some better images later in the week. Half built have photoshop mockup to give a slight idea.

Hey, that pond looks familiar. ;)

Not a bad WIP. I eagerly anticipate the rest.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Tweek » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:27 am

Just an update and a non-photoshopped image this time :D

Beneath - IC Blog.
Beneath: Ages of Tweek - FB Age Dev Page.
Tweek

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion