The Writer's Pub: Renovation?

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

Re: The Writer's Pub: Renovation?

Postby Doobes » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:51 pm

Afalstein wrote:
Wamduskasapa wrote:
Tweek wrote:I only have one condition on passing this area over to the GoW when it's completed. And that is simply that it is the GoW pub only and is not used to create pubs for the other guilds. Given the nature of D'ni guilds I find them likelihood of them having carbon copy pubs to be nonsense. If the other guilds want a pub then they can have their own style.

I THIRD this sentiment... Unique Pubs for each Guild is the best and ONLY way to go...

So, quick question to renew this topic. If we agree that unique pubs for each Guild would be cool, is anyone willing to take on the Guild of Maintainers or the Guild of Greeters? Or Cartographers? Tweek is doing a pretty awesome job on ours, and Doobes' looks better with every update, but the other Guilds are sort of out in the cold on this one. It would really strengthen our pull with the other Guilds if we could give them something like this.

It would be ideal to get input from those particular Guilds on what exactly they'd want to go into their Pubs. Sadly, none of them are very active at the moment. The two Guilds that are planning revamped Pubs are the most active and have members willing to build them. I'd be happy to assist someone in some small way (such as a bit of modeling or texturing here and there on occasion) if they choose to start building for GoMa, GoC or GoG, but as far as building another one in its entirety from start to finish on my own? The thought is not very appealing to me at this time, to be honest.
KI #s: MOULa - 6302, Minkata - 35287, Gehn - 14291,
TOC - 82340, DI - 44387
Doobes

Postby Nev'yn » Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:39 pm

Plus, Doobes has about 5 other Age related projects to finish:
A GoMe outpost on distant Age, GoMe neighborhood (and attached garden Age/puzzle), along with...well, you get the idea.

That being said, I kinda' like the GoC floor map...Perhaps their pub would be something along the lines of what was envisioned for Kahlo? Pictures/Art/Relics from the various ages in each room? (Think more "lodge", than pub.)

Anys, just my thoughts...Someone could come up with an idea 10,000 times better than that.
KI# 14883206 | "The truth speaks for itself, I am just the messenger." -Lyta Alexander
(Note: Any comments or opinions, taken whole or in part, are mine and do not reflect the stance of GoMe.)
Nev'yn

Postby Afalstein » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:21 am

Oh, I wasn't suggesting that anyone already working on one of the pubs work on another one. That's too much to ask. I was considering if any other Writers might want to join up on this. But as you say, Doobes, we should try to get input from the other guilds first, and none of them are particularly active. So that does sort of hobble things.
Afalstein

Postby Afalstein » Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:06 pm

Doobes! I see from the AGM that you've finished the GoME guild hall! Congrats! The pics look amazing! When should it be up in the shard, and will there be a hall-warming party?
Afalstein

Postby Tweek » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:20 am

couple of progress shots from Blender.

Beneath - IC Blog.
Beneath: Ages of Tweek - FB Age Dev Page.
Tweek

Postby Acorn » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:41 pm

cool! 8-) :D
Acorn

Postby Tweek » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:24 pm

Some in game shots.

Discovered some issues after I exported (mainly scaling issues) which I need to fix, and for some reason the area at the bottom or the stairs didn't show up so I need to figure out why.
Beneath - IC Blog.
Beneath: Ages of Tweek - FB Age Dev Page.
Tweek

Postby Annabelle » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:11 pm

A bit of advice for you Tweek... Do not engage yourself in too many projects at once. You'll be exhausted real fast! I know because I'm one of those... ;)

At the views of the Writer's Pub, I wouldn't call that a renovation, I would rather use: "a complete remodelling". Are you planning to fit your new pub inside the old pub structure?
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby Nev'yn » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:02 pm

Nice work, Tweek! Good to see the project is still humming, and that we may soon have yet another new area of Ae'gura to explore!!!

(/salute)
KI# 14883206 | "The truth speaks for itself, I am just the messenger." -Lyta Alexander
(Note: Any comments or opinions, taken whole or in part, are mine and do not reflect the stance of GoMe.)
Nev'yn

Postby Doobes » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:07 pm

Afalstein wrote:Doobes! I see from the AGM that you've finished the GoME guild hall! Congrats! The pics look amazing! When should it be up in the shard, and will there be a hall-warming party?

Deledrius is hard at work getting my little Pub working for MOULa-type shards. The sitting mods now have proper collision, so all that's left is the Nexus book and a couple of sounds that aren't playing. The GoW, The Open Cave, and DIRT have all expressed interest in hosting it, but the final decision is up to them, of course. ;)

As for party...nothing planned...yet!

And Tweek...might I say...HOLY COW! That looks amazing so far! :shock:

Keep up the good work!
KI #s: MOULa - 6302, Minkata - 35287, Gehn - 14291,
TOC - 82340, DI - 44387
Doobes

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion