The Writer's Pub: Renovation?

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

Re: The Writer's Pub: Renovation?

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:38 am

Looking good, Tweek! Now Deledrius and I will have to work harder/faster at specing and writing Korman so we can have awesome shiny floors... :)
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby Tweek » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:58 am

Yeah I haven't added env maps yet to some of the objects.

I plan on modeling the bare bones for imagers, I have no idea how to wire those up so if someone wants to take a shot at that afterwards they are free to do so.

The plan is to have a large imager in a foyer and perhaps a couple of smaller ones in the actual bar area.

Oh I also have an Ahyoheek table modeled up, again unsure of the wiring for that or if it's actually possible to set one up.

I only have one condition on passing this area over to the GoW when it's completed. And that is simply that it is the GoW pub only and is not used to create pubs for the other guilds. Given the nature of D'ni guilds I find them likelihood of them having carbon copy pubs to be nonsense. If the other guilds want a pub then they can have their own style.
Beneath - IC Blog.
Beneath: Ages of Tweek - FB Age Dev Page.
Tweek

Postby janaba » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:00 am

Awesome!!! There is 'Tweek'! ... Yeah, now it starts to get really interesting ... Way to go, Tweek, thanks for sharing ... :P

ohh, and yeah, for shiny floors ... and no, we don't need to have carbon copy pubs (was reading all of this and thus commenting afterwards lol) ... :D
janaba

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:08 am

Heek is something of a mess to replicate in other ages right now, unfortunately. I had been toying with the idea of a D'ni "connect five" game, then realized that Cyan had already mentioned gemedet, a three dimensional connect four. Ugh. That would probably end up being too confusing to be any fun. Imagers we can definitely wire.

Tweek wrote:I only have one condition on passing this area over to the GoW when it's completed. And that is simply that it is the GoW pub only and is not used to create pubs for the other guilds. Given the nature of D'ni guilds I find them likelihood of them having carbon copy pubs to be nonsense. If the other guilds want a pub then they can have their own style.

I don't think you'll hear any objections from any of us on that point. Most of us agree just as vehemently as you do ;)
Tsar Hoikas

Postby Wamduskasapa » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:11 am

Tweek wrote:I only have one condition on passing this area over to the GoW when it's completed. And that is simply that it is the GoW pub only and is not used to create pubs for the other guilds. Given the nature of D'ni guilds I find them likelihood of them having carbon copy pubs to be nonsense. If the other guilds want a pub then they can have their own style.

I THIRD this sentiment... Unique Pubs for each Guild is the best and ONLY way to go...
Last edited by Wamduskasapa on Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Postby Tweek » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:12 am

Alrighty, I shall find a way to render the Ahyoheek table inert then.

As another note, the game rooms in the hoods were going to have a version of tic-tac-toe. Might be easier to build than a gemedet board (especially seeming gemedet is played on a 3D board).

I may shoot an email off to Rawa and see if he has any information on the D'ni version of tic-tac-toe if not could aways wing it.
Beneath - IC Blog.
Tweek

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:17 am

That sounds like a good idea. If we can get it spec'd out, it would be awesome to implement.
Tsar Hoikas

Postby Tweek » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:29 am

Ok I just shot off an email to Rawa. I'm hoping I can get a little info on how the tic-tac-toe was played, the name pieces used etc.

I figure it's probably a simple board game with perhaps red and...wait a moment. Isn't tic-tac-toe basically gemedet?

Perhaps that's what the information in the hood files related too.

*facepalm*
Beneath - IC Blog.
Tweek

Postby Rhee » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:27 am

Tweek wrote:...wait a moment. Isn't tic-tac-toe basically gemedet?

yeah buts its THREE DEE!!!!!!!!!!

We could use some of those corny paper 3-D glasses. ALL THE COOL KIDS DO IT.
MOULa 2.0: Rhee - 1544785 Gehn Shard: Rhee - 16214

No bahro were harmed or enslaved in the making of this Age.
Rhee

Postby Luna » Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:26 pm

While I agree I see an issue here, the other guilds don't have a Tweek to make them an awesome guild pub......
Code: Select all
long longestTimeWithoutPlayingMoula = (new Date()) - (new Date(2014, 9, 26));
Luna

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion