The Writer's Pub: Renovation?

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

Re: The Writer's Pub: Renovation?

Postby Afalstein » Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:53 pm

@Doobes

That looks sweet. I like how it actually looks like a major part of the pub--as it would be--and something that actually belongs instead of something randomly added in.

By the way, I think you should try for a lot of wooden textures in your pub.

It's looking pretty awesome. I can't wait until we can manage to get these added or moved into the Uru game itself somehow! So cool.
User avatar
Afalstein
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:08 pm
Location: Kadish Tolesa

Re: The Writer's Pub: Renovation?

Postby Doobes » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:33 pm

Afalstein wrote:@Doobes

That looks sweet. I like how it actually looks like a major part of the pub--as it would be--and something that actually belongs instead of something randomly added in.

By the way, I think you should try for a lot of wooden textures in your pub.

It's looking pretty awesome. I can't wait until we can manage to get these added or moved into the Uru game itself somehow! So cool.


Why thank you! I'd like to keep it made of stone like the current Pub since this will be located in the cavern...and there aren't many trees there. ;)

With the troubles with donations for MOULa as of late, I believe this would be the best time to once again push (gently, but firmly of course) Cyan for fan content on their server as a way of boosting said donations. It's already been proven it can be done on Gehn shard with some effort. And I'd wager that people would start donating MUCH more if they knew new content was guaranteed to be on the way...and that they'd prefer their money going towards that end in particular (along with keeping the server up and running).

Heck, even screenshots of fan Ages along with Cyan's Ages on the main MOUL page would be enough to draw some interest...and I doubt that would take up TOO much of Cyan's precious time. :D

But hey, a guy can dream...
KI #s: MOULa - 6302, Minkata - 35287, Gehn - 14291,
TOC - 82340, DI - 44387
Image
User avatar
Doobes
 
Posts: 202
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:08 pm
Location: Savannah, GA, USA

Re: The Writer's Pub: Renovation?

Postby Tweek » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:19 am

Just a heads up I haven't forgotten this, I am just busy working on another project you'll see later.
Beneath - IC Blog.
Beneath: Ages of Tweek - FB Age Dev Page.
User avatar
Tweek
 
Posts: 686
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:37 am

Re: The Writer's Pub: Renovation?

Postby Afalstein » Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:02 pm

So I've been out of things for a while (and I apologize for that) but I was dropping by the cavern for the AGM and went by the Writers Pub and the Writer's
Hood, and I realized I had no idea how things were going with this. Is this still happening? Is there anything I can do to help?
User avatar
Afalstein
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:08 pm
Location: Kadish Tolesa

Re: The Writer's Pub: Renovation?

Postby Doobes » Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:25 pm

Afalstein wrote:So I've been out of things for a while (and I apologize for that) but I was dropping by the cavern for the AGM and went by the Writers Pub and the Writer's
Hood, and I realized I had no idea how things were going with this. Is this still happening? Is there anything I can do to help?


I'm quite interested to see where Tweek is at with this project. Here's what I've got at the moment:

Show Spoiler


;)
KI #s: MOULa - 6302, Minkata - 35287, Gehn - 14291,
TOC - 82340, DI - 44387
Image
User avatar
Doobes
 
Posts: 202
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:08 pm
Location: Savannah, GA, USA

Re: The Writer's Pub: Renovation?

Postby Tweek » Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:22 am

I am not where I want to be with the project hehe. This year has been one of those years where life kicks you to the ground then continues pummeling whilst you're on the floor. My priority has been set towards rebuilding my life which is rather time consuming. My free time at the moment is spent painting and drawing and trying to get my skills back up to scratch.

I've still been working on it but it has been a case of opening Blender, modeling some chairs, closing Blender and not touching it again for a few weeks where I repeat a similar process. That said, I did hop on the Gehn Shard the other night and really loved seeing the customized loading screens and whatnot which went some way to inspiring me to start tinkering with Uru stuff again.
Beneath - IC Blog.
Beneath: Ages of Tweek - FB Age Dev Page.
User avatar
Tweek
 
Posts: 686
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:37 am

Re: The Writer's Pub: Renovation?

Postby Ainia » Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:40 am

Tweek wrote:... This year has been one of those years where life kicks you to the ground then continues pummeling whilst you're on the floor. My priority has been set towards rebuilding my life which is rather time consuming. My free time at the moment is spent painting and drawing and trying to get my skills back up to scratch...

Aww, sorry to hear it's been rough times for you Tweek! :(

Please accept my sincere wishes for an awesome New Year's Eve and fortuitous 2014!! :D
ImageImage
User avatar
Ainia
 
Posts: 183
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:39 pm
Location: The Cleft, New Mexico

Re: The Writer's Pub: Renovation?

Postby Afalstein » Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:03 pm

@Doobes

Dude! That looks so beautiful! I almost want to join the GoM now just to have such a cool pub! The designs on the rock wall... the way those long vertical slabs resemble flags... VERY nice. Well done.

@Tweek

Ouch, man. Sorry to hear life's been so rough on you. Goodness knows I'm no one to call out people on uninvolvement... I haven't so much as stepped a foot in the cavern for over a month now. Hope things get better for you soon.
User avatar
Afalstein
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:08 pm
Location: Kadish Tolesa

Re: The Writer's Pub: Renovation?

Postby Doobes » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:51 pm

Tweek wrote:I am not where I want to be with the project hehe. This year has been one of those years where life kicks you to the ground then continues pummeling whilst you're on the floor. My priority has been set towards rebuilding my life which is rather time consuming. My free time at the moment is spent painting and drawing and trying to get my skills back up to scratch.

I've still been working on it but it has been a case of opening Blender, modeling some chairs, closing Blender and not touching it again for a few weeks where I repeat a similar process. That said, I did hop on the Gehn Shard the other night and really loved seeing the customized loading screens and whatnot which went some way to inspiring me to start tinkering with Uru stuff again.


I join the others in saying I'm sorry to hear of your troubles, Tweek. I know how it can be...and not just with the Blender "Writer's block". ;) As I said before, I patiently, yet anxiously, await what you have in store for us, as it WAS your concept images that inspired me to do the GoMe Pub in the first place. :)
KI #s: MOULa - 6302, Minkata - 35287, Gehn - 14291,
TOC - 82340, DI - 44387
Image
User avatar
Doobes
 
Posts: 202
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:08 pm
Location: Savannah, GA, USA

Re: The Writer's Pub: Renovation?

Postby Afalstein » Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:40 pm

Wamduskasapa wrote:
Tweek wrote:I only have one condition on passing this area over to the GoW when it's completed. And that is simply that it is the GoW pub only and is not used to create pubs for the other guilds. Given the nature of D'ni guilds I find them likelihood of them having carbon copy pubs to be nonsense. If the other guilds want a pub then they can have their own style.

I THIRD this sentiment... Unique Pubs for each Guild is the best and ONLY way to go...


So, quick question to renew this topic. If we agree that unique pubs for each Guild would be cool, is anyone willing to take on the Guild of Maintainers or the Guild of Greeters? Or Cartographers? Tweek is doing a pretty awesome job on ours, and Doobes' looks better with every update, but the other Guilds are sort of out in the cold on this one. It would really strengthen our pull with the other Guilds if we could give them something like this.
User avatar
Afalstein
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:08 pm
Location: Kadish Tolesa

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests