The Writer's Pub: Renovation?

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

Re: The Writer's Pub: Renovation?

Postby janaba » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:01 am

This looks absolutely very very promising already, if not even stunningly awesome ... :P
janaba

Postby Tweek » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:28 am

Thanks.

@Annabelle - The goal is to have this new pub replace the current one on the Gehn Shard.

Added a few in game images of the secondary room.
At the moment the area (like the initial link in area) is still rather dark as I have not yet added any light. All the lighting effects you see are vertex painting. It's not as fancy as the GoMe pub though. I made it a simple place for Guildmen to come and hang out and relax.

Beneath - IC Blog.
Beneath: Ages of Tweek - FB Age Dev Page.
Tweek

Postby Acorn » Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:38 am

Tweek wrote: I made it a simple place for Guildmen to come and hang out and relax.

Guildwomen too, I hope ;)
Acorn

Postby Doobes » Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:25 am

*stops in, sees new pics from Tweek... :shock: ...promptly faints....gets back up*

Sweeeeet! Even with just vertex lighting so far, it looks fantastic!

I LOVE that artwork (stained glass?) on the walls in the hallway too! :D
KI #s: MOULa - 6302, Minkata - 35287, Gehn - 14291,
TOC - 82340, DI - 44387
Doobes

Postby Ainia » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:47 am

Acorn wrote:
Tweek wrote: I made it a simple place for Guildmen to come and hang out and relax.

Guildwomen too, I hope ;)

Guildfolk perhaps?
ImageImage
Ainia

Postby Karkadann » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:28 pm

Wow,........ excellent, more new content for the Gehn Shard!!
You guys keep adding stuff like this you'll end up becoming more popular then the Main Cyan shard. :D
Any chance in adding Dendwaler's Cathedral somewhere down the line?
The Optimist see's the glass half full, The Pessimist see's the glass half empty.
Its the Realist who see's the glass is half full with air, half full with water
Karkadann

Postby Annabelle » Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:32 pm

All in all it's really nice so far :D Thanks for answering my question!

I really like the stained-glass design in the entrance hall
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby Yali » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:46 am

Tweek, you should work for Cyan... literally. Looks better than some of Uru's designs. You really captured the D'ni aesthetic perfectly. I'm so glad you'll be working on DIRT. (at least that's what Chloe told me)
Yali

Postby janaba » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:37 am

Yali wrote:Tweek, you should work for Cyan... literally. Looks better than some of Uru's designs. You really captured the D'ni aesthetic perfectly. I'm so glad you'll be working on DIRT. (at least that's what Chloe told me)

While I absolutely agree on all of that, and only Tweek and Cyan know why it isn't so, or not anymore (I don't remember why you didn't stay there after your internship, Tweek), I got under the impression that he'd contribute to 'Obduction' in one way or another, maybe at least with some great concept art, of which one even served promotional purposes already ... :P

Hehe, I'd like to add that if it was so, actually, he most probably didn't have much time to contribute to DIRT and in whatever way to the enhancement of Uru/MOUL/Gehn etc... :D
janaba

Postby GPNMilano » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:13 am

Yali wrote:Tweek, you should work for Cyan... literally. Looks better than some of Uru's designs. You really captured the D'ni aesthetic perfectly. I'm so glad you'll be working on DIRT. (at least that's what Chloe told me)

Just want to point out that Tweek's more advising me on some of the concepts he had come up with over the years regarding DIRT related stuff. We both have a shared passion for Cyan's vision of DIRT and Uru and several of the concepts that Tweek had come up with over the years are being implemented into DIRT - Uru Live. As was done with much of the Myst V/DIRT/Mudpie related content that's found it's way into the project, I often reach out to the original artists for advise on how best to implement those ideas so that they match what they had in mind. So Tweek's role in DIRT is as an advisor to implementing his concepts into DIRT - Uru Live. He knows of course that if he'd like to take a more hands on approach and work with any of the assets he's more than welcome to.
You can't stop the truth. IC Blog
GPNMilano

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion