exporting age

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

Postby mar » Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:13 pm

Can someone help me.

I have made a test age for some objects in Ahra Path.
I have first tried to export the tutortial.age from the Wiki and that was going well.

But with my one age it was going wrong. The exporting of the age was going well, I have linked it with the ULM from Trylon ( the last update).
Then I started UU and in Relto the name was in the linking book. I linked in and than it ended in the panic link. I have check the Blender log and there was a warning
"I cannot find material alcNullmaterial "

Is this the reason I get a panic link instead of my age off have I forgot something to added in Blender. I have used the tutortial from the wiki age creating and so further.

Mar
mar

Postby Paradox » Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:17 pm

Have you added any collision (solid surfaces) to your Age? You have to have those otherwise you'll fall through everything.
Paradox

Postby mar » Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:55 pm

I have added only at the page a col_type 4. I read now in the tutortial that you must do that with any object so that I have done. Thanks for the hint.

When I now linked than I hang in the air, I can walk and turn at one place and than after a while I go in the panic link. So it is different but not good.

Have I make the "spawn point " good I ask by myself? I have set it now on the plane at some distance from the objects I have made.

Is that maybe a option?

Mar
mar

Postby J'anim Paedet » Sun Nov 26, 2006 3:50 pm

If the plane is your walking surface, I would set the spawn point a fair amount above the plane, so that when you link in, you are not stuck in it. The spawn point should generally be a little higher off the ground than the top of your avatar, to ensure that you spawn onto the plane, instead of into it.

Does this help at all?
J'anim Paedet

Postby mar » Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:46 am

Hello J'anim Paedet,

I have change the spawn point and set it above the plane but it don't help. Now it is of my avatar comes from above, I see then a part of my object (building) an go further down in the panic link. I have not the idea that my avatar is going throught the plane. I see no plane at all. I have checked in Blender that all things are on the plane and that is OK.

What is happening too, is that when I am back in Relto the avatar is halve in the bottom. When I close UU and than start again everthing is OK.

In the log of Blender there is a warning and that said that B. not can't find the alcNull Material. I did not now what the meaning is of that. Is that something different of has it a connection with the problem from above?.

Mar
mar

Postby J'anim Paedet » Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:10 pm

Hmm... odd.

What seems to be happening, if I understand you properly, is that the plane isn't exporting properly to Uru. You say you can see your building, but not the plane at all? Sounds like a Blender error to me; I would suggest replacing the plane entirely, preferably with a cube-based object (I tend to have better results with cubes than planes).

The error log that you are getting is not one I'm familiar with. It might very well have a connection to your problem, although I've never heard of a missing material affecting anything other than the texturing of an object.
And partially submerged avatar? Very strange things happening at your neck of the woods.

If you want to send me a copy of your .blend file I'd be happy to take a look for myself, and see if I can help you fix the problem more directly.
J'anim Paedet

Postby Trylon » Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:56 pm

What plugin version are you using?

IIRC, I removed the references to acNullMaterial from the export code in the most recent versions.

Only the importer should be giving this problem if at all.

Anyway, you should add a material to you plane, and make sure that the plane's normal (In edit mode, press "view normals" on hte right button set - you may need to scroll to see it...) is pointing in the direction of your avatar.
One day I ran through the cleft for the fiftieth time, and found that uru held no peace for me anymore.
Trylon

Postby mar » Sat Dec 02, 2006 7:29 am

Thanks Trylon and J'anim Paedet, for your suggestions but it didn't help my avatar don't will stands with his feeds on the bottom. Because of that I am on a point I didn't now it any more. So I send the blender file to you Jánim Paedet and hope you can find anything more.
But thanks for all the replies.

Mar
mar

Postby J'anim Paedet » Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:20 pm

Thanks mar, I have just received your message and enclosed attachment. I'm looking over it right now, and should have some advice in the reply to the email you sent very soon.

Edit: done. Lest you look here first, my reply to your other questions and enclosed attachment should be in your inbox when you next check.
J'anim Paedet

Postby mar » Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:15 pm

I hadn't write the answer of the problem I had with my avatar. I had put my spawning point up side down. So the avatar goes to heaven instead to the floor. That is panic.............link!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A typical fault off a beginner.Thanks for help J'anim

Mar
mar

Next

Return to General Discussion